Can I claim for just MBI and Shortfall??

carolinamoon1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I'm very new to this so please forgive me if I've missed anything of importance!

I purchased a car from Welcome about 4yrs ago and finally finished paying it off in August (£9,600 for a 2004 Fiat Punto, bargain.....NOT!).When I purchased the car I did not take out the PPI as I knew from similar experiences that it wasn't worth the paper it was written on. I was threatened that I wouldn't be able to get the car if i didn't take it but i stuck to my guns and pretended to walk off whereupon they came back to me and said they would 'work something out'. This happened to be that I was lucky enough that they would accept me even without the PPI but that I would still obviously have to pay for the compulsory MBI and Shortfall Insurance. I thought I'd won the war so didn't question that they were 'compulsory' and to be honest, it seemed like a small amount of money compared to what I would finally pay!

But now I've been told by several people that I was mis-sold these additional insurances. Is this correct? Can I claim back for them, even if I don't have a PPI claim?? Is there a template for this?

I just called Welcome to clarify how much I had paid for these two insurances and it comes to £850 which is a huge amount of money to me so would definitely like to claim back if I can. Incidentally, the staff member was disgustingly rude and shouted at me that I was jumping on the 'insurance bandwagon' which I thought was great customer service......!!!

Many thanks in advance for any help or templates that you may be able to share with me.