Jump to content

Can I complain to OFT?


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Original creditor have confirmed that they do not hold any documentation that makes my alleged debt with them enforceable.


However, DCA after DCA, and the odd solicitor, keep writing to me demanding payment.


Is this against any OFT official policy or guideline or do I just have to keep up the merry go round of letters telling them to go away?


thanks, Lisa

Link to post
Share on other sites


This may sound stupid (and it is) but the writing and calling asking you to pay is not classed as enforcement. All the lack of a valid agreement means is that they cannot use the courts to enforce this debt. The debt still exists and they have the right to chase you for it just as you have the right to tell them to go forth

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

Write back asking that all further correspondence to be written on soft paper in water soluble ink please, so appropriate action can be taken to deal with it.


Also worth writing that the debt is unenforceable and that further correspondence will cost them £25 each to reply, that will slow them down a tad...



Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the OFT Debt collection guidance from front to back.


It may well go towards the harassment side of things.


I think what you will have to do is write to the original creditor and categorically state you will not be paying the debt because it is unenforcebale and any action taken post letter will be deemed as excessive contact and harassment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice



If I Have helped please feel free to click the star


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...