jsa advice needed plz

jannineb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just after a bit of advice....got made redundant in August and have been claiming jsa since......however on the 14th of this month i suffered a blackout and was admitted to hospital until the 23rd which coincided with my signing on day...my hubby went to the local jobcentre on my signing day to advise of the circumstances. They told him that i would have to put a claim in for employment and support allowance as i was unfit for work....im confused as the claim form states that i wont be entitled to this allowance if my partner is working more than 24hrs a week which he does? Has anyone been in a similar situation?????? Dont want to ring and ask for fear of looking daft until i have a little bit of info from you wonderful guys x

Thx

Jan

You can't claim income-related ESA if your partner works over 24 hours per week. However, that rule also applies to income-based JSA, which suggests you were on contribution-based JSA. Contribution-based benefits don't take your partner's income into account at all, they're based on your own NI contribution record.

There is a contribution-based form of ESA, which has similar rules. You may be entitled to this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.