5 Year Guardsman Policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Purchased a Sofa from Sofa Workshop 3 year ago & took out a Guardsman policy at an extra cost of £165.00 to cover any stains rips that may happen, covered for 5 years.My grandson threw a cup of juice across the couch over 2 months ago & I contacted Guardsman.Guardsman representitive on the phone said she would send me a spray to treat the stains & I had informed her that the couch was nubuck before she sent out the spray."Yes, just use the spray " & if it didn't work, there would be a form to fill in to send off to Guarsman for someone to come inspect the couch. Had to fil in the form as the spray made the stains worse & the rep from Guardsman that they sent out said, they should never have sent out a spray for a nubuck couch & the couch was now ruined & all cushions needing replaced.Unfortunately, the colour of the nubuck is no longer available so they could not replace the cushions & they said it was not cost effective so they were sending the claim to the underwriters for a final decision.Decision came back with an offer of £2,840 to choose another couch or £1,400 cash. I loved my couch so opted for a replacement, only to be told at Sofa workshop ther couch has now gone up in price.I contacted Guarsman who said that was the offer, but they had infact deducted £44.00 from the offer which was infact £2,884 the deduction being for having to send someone out to inspect the couch when infact it was through no fault of my own that they had to as they should never have sent out a spray.Also, they said that as I have made a claim my Guadrsman policy won't continue for the other 2 years that are left on the policy.Went to sofa workshop to choose another couch & the closest I can get to match the existing one is an extra £600.00 or thereabouts, which includes a payment of £277.00 to bolt the couch in 2 like the 1 I claimed on as my hall is very narrow. Can someone please advise me on my rights here as come the end of the day I am not happy about having to fork out nearly £600.00 to replace my couch when I had an insurance policy anyway & was Guardsmans fault at the end of the day for completely ruining my couch.

Regards & thanks in advance.