Can I get a default removed?

csmy21

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm wanting to find out if I can get a default removed from my file earlier than the 6 years? I defaulted on a Next account about 3 years ago whilst I was away travelling. The account has been paid & is now closed. I've written to Next to request the default be removed (as I heard this is an option) but I've had no reply. I'm wondering if this is something I can request?

Thanks

It's very difficult to get a default removed, but it should be marked as satisfied. If your credit record is otherwise clean it may not prove too much of a problem.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

csmy21, As Caro says the creditor places entries

on CRA files to advise the data subject and prospective

creditors on the conduct of the data subjects management

of their current and previous credit facilities therefore

defaults are only removed if there are very extenuating

circumstances, as long as it is marked settled I think

that is as far as you will get.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Can be worse if there are multiple searches

made to your files with great frequency.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It's very difficult to get a default removed, but it should be marked as satisfied. If your credit record is otherwise clean it may not prove too much of a problem.

I had 1 satisfied default, otherwise perfect credit history, couldn't even get a basic bank account! :x Had to wait it out the full 6 years...

Unfair penalty charges reclaimed from Barclays - £700; BarclayCard - £380 + £132 extra; Style (RBOS) - £245 - County Court Judgement

against RBOS awarded - Judgement transferred to Registers of Scotland - Sheriff Officer (Bailiffs) action taken.

Travel insurance claim with Alpha (URV) pursued through the Financial Ombudsman - £704

It's not good to have too many searches on your credit file, because that indicates that you're applying for a lot of credit, which raises alarm bells, but they disappear after a year (from memory). But defaults mean you haven't paid (allegedly) so lenders are unlikely to lend for the 6 years the default is on your file - unless you pay ridiculous interest rates from dodgy lenders - and even they may not take you on if they do a search.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.