Talk Talk / AOL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Talk talk /aol

We purchased aol in 2001, we wanted broadband for the kids

They took 2 weeks over the installation date and a further 4 weeks before it actually worked, even then it was intermittent at best

In 2002 we cancelled it and went with sky and eventually we had the whole package with them

Not long after that my wife suffered a heart attack, the money for the account was taken from her account and until last week they took £27.99 a month for 9 years

Various things, apart from my wife's illness , happened in the first few years which lead us to missing these payments being taken

I won't bore you with the whole story but they have offered me 6 months compensation

They passed me from pillar to post with their new Delhi customer service department and I got nowhere

So I've taken them to task

I've emailed all the shops and CEOs and began handing leaflets outside their shops in London

I will continue to do this till they pay me back

If you have similar problems, feel free to contact me

You say they took money from your wifes account, but did you actually cancel the subscription to Sky ?

If I am reading this right Conniff, they had taken the sub for AOL not sky. However as you have said, had they cancelled the sub, if they had then they should be bought to task.

6 months comp is disgusting, I would be looking to have the whole amount paid back.

Ah right, thanks for that. So we are talking in the thousands of pounds, plus interest.

Have you the exact figure of what was taken so you can send them a recorded delivery letter with a demand for the full amount plus statutory interest at 8%pa ?

When you have done that, let us know what they respond with.

Hi Hooded,

Is there a reason why you haven't decided to take them to small claims court? I think thats what I would do. I would also send them a SAR request. Templates in the library, just amend.

Hi,

It's been a mad 9 years believe it or not, my wife was ill our son was knocked over by a drink driver and both my inlaws were taken ill. With the wife being ill and the monies coming from her account it just went unnoticed

We cancelled the contract after they failed to turn up on time to install the Internet and even when they did it didn't work properly. We cancelled it by phone and also letter

What amazes me is that even though we moved address in 6 years ago they still took the money even though that address was knocked down

Their new Delhi department for customer services is something to behold, I asked for the CEOs name and number and this fella said he was the CEO of talk talk, they said there was no uk number when I got one from ofcom, they said there was no uk address when there is a talk talk office 3 miles from my house in west London

I sent letters to all offices in the uk and hand delivered one to the west London office, I also have handed out 1000 leaflets to date outside there office in soho and in the west end

I have also ordered a 10 x 8 banner with the words Talk Talk are thieves ......this I will take to all media events in London and also all my Liverpool away games to get it on the telly ( the joys of having a scooter and living in London )

I've worked for the hillsborough justice campaign for 22 years and I'm used to fighting for what's right

I gave talk talk the option to pay me and told them I would go away but they chose to ignore me

I'll keep you all posted on how I get on and appreciate any other avenues I can go down or words from people who have had similar run ins with them

Many thanks and have a good Christmas and new year

Ah right, thanks for that. So we are talking in the thousands of pounds, plus interest.

Have you the exact figure of what was taken so you can send them a recorded delivery letter with a demand for the full amount plus statutory interest at 8%pa ?

When you have done that, let us know what they respond with.

They took nearly £3000 and I have asked for it back, they offered me 6 x £27.99p

I told the what to do with that

I would certainly look at taking them to a small claims court. Im having to deal with them on behalf of my late mum because of a 'mistake' they made.

Have you thought about contacting Watchdog, they love this sort of thing.

Good luck with your fight. Please keep us informed.

I'll keep you all informed, cheers for all the input

• 3 weeks later...

I've sent you an email in respect of a media enquiry we have had about your case