Advice needed please. Dealing with DCA and Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok thanks. I saw an example 'account in dispute' letter in another thread on here somewhere I'll try and find it.

in the library (top left)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi folks,

Well on the 18th of January I sent the account in dispute letter from the library as advised, and today I received my reply. Basically there is no mention whatsoever of the content of the letter regarding failing to supply a CCA, or what they intend to do about it.

They only address the line at the very bottom of the account in dispute letter where it says; "You have 21 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint".

To this they have written back to say my complaint has been logged and will be looked into. I have posted the letter below. So what does that mean? What I wanted to know was what was their response to my disputing the debt, but they appear to have ignored that altogether.

2012-01-25_165926.jpg

2012-01-25_165926.jpg

Edited by Don Canard
adding image

Don't worry. This actually makes a change, A DCA sending out their complaints procedure.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Don't worry. This actually makes a change, A DCA sending out their complaints procedure.

The bit about the complaint was already written into the letter in the library so I left it in, but I'm more interested as to their reaction to the main contents of the letter. Where's my CCA for example or how do they propose to move forward? This complaints procedure letter just seems to be buying them more time that anything else.

don

are you going to get the cra report now?

bet it doe't show

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

don

are you going to get the cra report now? bet it doe't show

dx

I tried to get a CRA report online but was asked for a credit card so I wasn't able to do it. If the alleged debt didn't show on a CRA what does that mean? Am I now free of it or have the DCA done something underhand or possibly illegal? And what do you think they will be thinking of doing about it?

You can get paper copies via snail mail but there is also a website that gives you totally free access. Noddle

I can't get a credit report if I wanted one. All these 'totally free' sites still want credit card details before they will continue with the report so that's where I'm stumped. I now aim to do nothing as priorityone says, but what are they cooking up in the meantime? It appears to me that they have just given themselves eight weeks in which to answer my complaint, with no mention of the CCA request at all.

A lot can be fiddled in that time, if they were using me as a cash cow then maybe they now have time to cover that up? Anyway, I'll sit tight for now until I hear from them.

I can't get a credit report if I wanted one. All these 'totally free' sites still want credit card details before they will continue with the report so that's where I'm stumped. I now aim to do nothing as priorityone says, but what are they cooking up in the meantime? It appears to me that they have just given themselves eight weeks in which to answer my complaint, with no mention of the CCA request at all.

A lot can be fiddled in that time, if they were using me as a cash cow then maybe they now have time to cover that up? Anyway, I'll sit tight for now until I hear from them.

Don't bother with the credit report.... it won't protect you from anything and what do you expect to do with it anyway? Read it and then what? As you can tell, I'm not a fan of credit reports..... think they're a waste of energy unless you're checking for a double default or some other underhand trick.

Don't assume they are cooking up anything. They will need to respond to your complaint and because it's in writing, they'll need to respond with care, that's all. Just wait it out.

:-)

I tried to get a CRA report online but was asked for a credit card so I wasn't able to do it. If the alleged debt didn't show on a CRA what does that mean? Am I now free of it or have the DCA done something underhand or possibly illegal? And what do you think they will be thinking of doing about it?

Debit cards are also accepted for ID purposes.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

yes get the CRA file..

i'm a very big fan of it.

it shows you how financially you look

and holds a wealth of useful information

in what it does show and what it doesn't show.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:thumb::thumb:

yes get the CRA file..

dx

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

yes get the CRA file..

dx

Big deal Dx (and Brig).... :razz:

It won't protect you from anything and in many cases, alerts DCAs to a person's whereabouts..... but hey ho.... keep promoting it if you must....

:lol:

thank you we shall.

it does not alert anyone as they cannot see your searches

even says so on thecra's faq's

old wives tale!

dx

and they

thank you we shall.

it does not alert anyone as they cannot see your searches

even says so on thecra's faq's

old wives tale!

dx

Yes, it absolutely does, I'm afraid..... through the information that you kindly deliver up on a plate to the CRAs in the first place. It has nothing to do with "searches", as such.

I speak from experience on that one..... At least one of them had/has very incestuous connections to a DCA as well....

no it absolutely doesn't

typical old wives tale

sprouted by people that do nothing but want to disrupt a forum for their own outside agenda and propaganda resaons.

dx

and they

no it absolutely doesn't

typical old wives tale

sprouted by people that do nothing but want to disrupt a forum for their own outside agenda and propaganda resaons.

dx

I have absolutely no reason to come on here and spout lies DX..... you are funny!

Previous addresses are not necessarily linked until a person delivers said information to the CRAs as part of a pointless quest..... I cannot believe you're even trying to dispute that, to be honest.... but hey ho....

we are not here to promote debt avoidance.

if the sole reason for not using the cra's is because you dont want the dca's finding you

then thats debt avoidance - we dont do that.

if the punter is already on voters etc etc all the info is already know

as i said - old wives tale.

the pointless exercise is to keep banging on about a cca request.

that will certainly directly alert them you're biting on a phishing trip

and where exactly you are.

jump that hurdle if the debt shows.

you are stuck in the old days

....but its off to work we go.

dx

and they

In my opinion oif more people checked their

credit files regularly there would be far less

problems for us to deal with on CAG.

How often we see ''they have put a default on

me didn't know about now I can't get credit''

common sense a quik check of CRA files can help

in avoiding this.

I have absolutely no reason to come on here and spout lies DX..... you are funny!

Previous addresses are not necessarily linked until a person delivers said information to the CRAs as part of a pointless quest..... I cannot believe you're even trying to dispute that, to be honest.... but hey ho....

I agree DX old wives tales and complete nonsense, having used

CRAs' for years personally and professionally, the mistakes, have

been very few and far between, never that I can remember has

using a CRA resulted in any sudden rush of threatograms etc.

As DX said anyone can find an individual in a few minutes, lets

debunk some more nonsense the CRA don't alert other creditors

to your getting a new account or any other transactions.

Previous addresses are more easily found by checking current

and archived Electoral Registers.

My God.... it's changed on here!

I cannot believe what you're spouting as fact....

Sad times....

The sad thing here is as DX said,you

are living in the dark ages decrying

a most useful tool for managing accounts.

Hey folks, can I remind you that I'm entrusting my next moves to your advice. There is always a different point of views wherever you might find yourself, but let's not fall out over them please. I'm not worried about debt avoidance, I've been paying these people for the last seven years or more, but I don't agree with the amount they claim (they bought?) is correct.

Over the years I must have paid them far more than they purchased the debt for, so I think it's time to call it quits by whatever means. Please remember that these were the folks that were pushing me to pay more - only because they were afraid that I might die before I paid them! If you need to get angry, get angry at them - not each other.

Thanks,

Don.