• Tweets

• Hi there Manager for our soccer sixes team moved overseas mid season and we struggled for numbers so we told the ref about 5 weeks prior to seasons end that we would see out these games then be done and he told us he’d ’pass the message on to the relevant people’. Heard nothing, then 3 days prior to the new season beginning we were given our fixture for that weekend. Told the guy over text we had pulled out and the ref should’ve passed a message on but we were told sufficient notice wasn’t given and it needed to be in writing. I argued it’s not our fault the ref didn’t do as he said but we were countered by the T&Cs.    now being chased for what was £608 kindly reduced to £476 to pay off remainder of the season. Been sent a letter in the post from their accountancy team and told needs to be paid by Friday.   seen a lot of the other threads saying we can literally just ignore everything but im concerned about debt collections and credit score being harmed. Can anyone confirm if this all works/what we should do?   thanks
    • Hi,   I have given an official police witness statement for the prosecution in an upcoming criminal court case, and I am very anxious about what might happen.  Specifically regarding being cross-examined.  My statement is very short, and only a couple of paragraphs long, regarding a conversation I had with one of the victims.  I have tried to research online about what information about me the defence barrister might be able to find and use to discredit me.  I have by no means have a shady past but, I am concerned about what private information might be brought up, and as this is a case that will be in the national press as it is in the public interest.  The two preliminary hearings were reported in the papers.   I have tried to research  online what information the opposition can seek, but it is all very complicated.  I believe that they can legally access public records, but I'm not sure what information public records hold.  Can they access my medical records, educational history, HMRC, and Department for Work and Pensions? (I am a self employed sole trader).  I was arrested once, and this was unfortunately instigated by the victim in this case, so could well be of interest to them.  It resulted in no further action, however I have only discovered this week that that, in fact, this means I have a criminal record, and will be so until I am 100 (no chance)! This has really annoyed me to say the least, especially since I asked him afterwards why he rang the police and he said 'for a laugh'.  So I have started to look into applying for it to be deleted, but again, if anyone has any advice on this I would be appreciative. At the moment, my name isn't on the confirmed list to give evidence, but the detective I have been dealing with has said it is 'likely'. The names of the victims in this case will not be allowed to be reported, are witnesses fair game for the press? I really need no know how deep they can delve in to my life so I am prepared if my character gets assassinated in front of the nation. I really wish I'd never agreed to this.   Many thanks
    • A belated thanks dx. Yes I may take your advice regarding StepChange. I am finding that I am telling them (on behalf of my Son) the true balances outstanding? They never seem to check properly in which worries me. If I was to take on myself is there another way of dealing with various debts? I have already submitted other IRL complaints on his behalf. Today I have received a further response from Quidie T/A Fernovo confirming that they will waiver all interest paid.
    • Good evening  Case hearing this Friday 26/04. looking to have all my prep/papers ready.    just checking in to get update on my last post , ( the t&c’s attached). No name or address on them as per #49   thank you UCM  
    • Thanks a lot.  I did read every single post and though the process was fairly clear at a high level, I just wanted to be sure in the areas a posted. Call it first time nerves, going down this route.  Thanks again.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bryan Carter/ Arrow Global Ltd court papers - 1996 TSB loan - **DISCONTINUED **

Tecnobaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Andy does the date mean posted by 23rd or delivered to court by ?

It would mean to be delivered to the court by the date advised.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so need to send off Friday by Royal Mail SD at the latest, just had reply from court saying theres no request from the Claimant for extension and advise me to submit a defence with the details I have to date.

or you could speak to them and demand a response to an e-mail like this one (edit to suit). Depends on whether you are happy to defend based on what info you have. Take notice of what Andy & CB say. I am merely sharing with you what I did in similar circumstances

......CPR 15.5 Request..............

On DATE I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the Northampton County Court (CCBC).................

On DATE I sent a CPR 31.14 request by first class recorded delivery to you. I am still awaiting a response to this request which was due to be received by me on or before DATE....................

I note from our telephone conversations today that you require more time to supply documents listed in my CPR 31.14 request.I calculate that my time for filing a defence expires on DATE and I am writing to request that you agree that this time be extended by 28 days to DATE which is the maximum the court will allow..................

Please respond to this e-mail agreeing specifically to this extension request so that I can notify the court before 4pm tomorrow (DATE).................

Please note that if you should fail to comply with the CPR 31.14 request, fail to request more time or fail to agree to an extension of time for the filing of my defence, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order..................

I do hope this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you............

Yours faithfully,

Edited by citizenB
Spacing for easier reading

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

sorry for lack of paras. My browser at work will not allow me to post properly on here. Talking of which....back to work. :-)

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

sorry for lack of paras. My browser at work will not allow me to post properly on here. Talking of which....back to work. :-)

Spacing popped in for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

First draft of defence,

I do not acknowledge any debt owed to the Claimant “Arrow Global Limited”. In the particulars of claim sent to me through the court, the Claimant claims that “the defendant agreed to pay monthly instalments”. I categorically refute the claims that there was ever an agreement in place between myself and the claimant. The Claimant has not provided any documentation.

Since being issued with the claim on xxxxx, I have been working relentlessly to obtain any kind of relevant information from the Claimant and their solicitors. I sent a CPR 31.14 request on the xxxxx which was requesting a copy of an agreement that was mentioned in the particulars of claim.

Along with the CPR 31.14 request, I also sent a CPR Part 18 request for further information to be returned to me within 7 working days. I sent both requests via next day delivery and I have included both requests and confirmed delivery for your consideration. (Doc 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d)

I did not receive any information back, only letters from the Claimants solicitors dated xxxxx saying that they have “referred the matter to our client and will revert to you as soon as we are in receipt of instructions” and that they “request an eight week extension”. (letters attached Doc 2a, 2b)

On the xxxxxx, I wrote back to the Claimants solicitors asking for them to answer my Part 18 request as these questions should not need to be referred back to the original creditor, and I also wrote to the court asking whether an application had been made by the Claimant for the 8 week extension that they were requesting. (letters attached Doc 3a, 3b, 3c)

After taking further advice rather than waiting I sent the Claimants solicitor a CPR 15.5 request, asking for the defence date to be extended from the xxxxxx to the xxxxxxxx. I wrote that I would undertake to notify the court. This letter was dated the xxxxxx, a copy and proof of delivery has been submitted. (Doc 4a, 4b)

I have no reply to any of these letters sent since the xxxxx from the Claimant or their solicitors. This has left me without the information needed to file a full and complete defence at this time.

It is therefore respectfully requested that due to the non-compliance of the CPR 31.14 and the Part 18 requests for further information, that the case is dismissed or stayed until the Claimant provides the relevant documentation on which their claim relies.

Ok, I have tidied it up a bit for you.. you will need to enter dates where necessary. You will also need to pop in the document references again..

HTH

I, Tecnobaz of the Consumer Action Group am the Defendant in this action and make the following statement as my Defence to the Claim made by Arrow Global Limited. The Defendant is embarrassed in pleading to the Particulars of Claim as it stands at present, inter alia: -

2. The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim disclose no legal cause of action and they are embarrassing to the Defendant as the Claimant's statement of case is insufficiently particularised and does not comply or even attempt to comply with CPR part 16. In this regard I wish to draw the Courts attention to the following matters;

a) The Particulars of Claim are vague and insufficient and do not disclose an adequate statement of facts relating to or proceeding the alleged cause of action. No particulars are offered in relation to the nature of the written agreement referred to; the method the Claimant calculated any outstanding sums due, or any other matters necessary to substantiate the Claimant's claim.

b) A copy of the purported written agreement that the Claimant cites in the Particulars of Claim, and which appears to form the basis upon which these proceedings have been brought, has not been served attached to the claim form.

c) A copy of any evidence of both the scope and nature of any default, and proof of any amount outstanding on the alleged accounts, has not been served attached to the Claim Form.

3. It is denied that any debt is owed to the Claimant “Arrow Global Limited”. In their particulars of claim, the Claimant claims that “the defendant agreed to pay monthly installments”. It is denied that any agreement was ever in place between the claimant and myself. The Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of their claim by way of documentation.

4. On receipt of the Claim Form the Defendant sent a CPR 31.14 request for a copy of the agreement and supporting documents which forms the basis of this claim. No response has been received. - See attached

5. On DATE a further request for information was made via CPR part 18. No response has been received. - See attached.

6. It has been confirmed via the Royal Mail Website that all the above letters were received and signed for. Proof of delivery and signature has been downloaded from the Website. See attached.

7. On DATE a letter received from the Claimant's solicitor advised " that they have "referred the matter to our client and will revert to you as soon as we are in receipt of instructions". They also say " we request an 8 week extension" - See attached.

8. On DATE, I wrote to the Claimants solicitors requesting a response to my Part 18 request as these questions should not need to be referred back to the Original creditor. I also wrote to the Court asking if it could be confirmed if the Claimant had submitted an application for any extension, in particular the 8 week extension they had advised me they required. See letters attached - Doc 3a, 3b and 3c

9. As the Claimant had appeared not to have requested this time via the court, I sought further advice and was advised to seek an extension myself by way of CPR15.5. I asked the Claimant's solicitor for an extension from DATE to DATE. I confirmed that on reciept of their agreement, I would advise the court as it was understood that it was my duty to do so under CPR 15.5 This letter was dated the xxxxxx, a copy of that request and proof of delivery has been submitted. (Doc 4a, 4b)

10. No response has been received to date. Without the information requested, I remain embarrassed and unable to submit a defence at this time.

11. Consequently, I deny all allegations on the Particulars of Claim and put the Claimant to strict proof thereof

12. I respectfully request a stay in proceedings until such time as the Claimant complies with the requests outlined in paragraphs 4, 5 8 and 9 above or until the Court orders its compliance with the same. I will then be in a position to file a fully particularised Defence and Counterclaim and will seek the Court’s permission to amend my statement of case accordingly.

BCOBS

Thank you for that, whats you thoughts on sending defence via the online system rather than post.

Submitting online IMHO is probably better because it goes into the system within 24 hours. Posting, there is the danger of it being lost, or lurking around in the recipients mail room.

The only danger with submitting online is the amount of space. I think and you would need to check this.. that you have 8,000 characters to play with online.. the Defence above is 4,057 characters with spaces.. so if I am correct, you can add to the above if you want to.. :)

BCOBS

Tec.. have you already sent the defence ? If not, and if the Claimant is claiming s69 statutory interest in the claim.. add the following..

Furthermore, it is noted the claimant seeks to claim statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum. The defendant notes that the claimant is not entitled to do so and attention is drawn to The County Courts Interest on Judgment Debts Order 1991 Section 2 (3)(a) which sets out that this is the case as this claim is in relation to a debt regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.It is averred that no Notice of Arrears or annual statement of arrears have ever been furnished by the Claimant pursuant to the CCA2006 amendments which precludes the Claimant from enforcement in the absence of the above."

BCOBS

citb

have posted this info elsewhere. but, generally, s69 (pre J statutory interest) is claimable (subject to 69(4), correct pleadings, and J's discretion on the circumstances, up to 1 years worth, etc). the 91 Order (by virtue of s74) relates to post J stat interest only (s74). it's worth a plead though!

Edited by Ford

:thumb:

Taken comments on board :)

BCOBS

Yes I already sent it, the stat interest claimed for was £0.00 according to their claim.

UPDATE :

Letter from BC today,

We confirm that we have received updated instructions from our client to discontinue these proceedings. You will receive notification of the discontinuance from the Court in due course. :-)

I will follow this up with a phone call to the court mid week.

A big thank you to all that helped in this matter.

Excellent news - Yes, I think a call to the court would be good and I would say that once you get the Notice of Discontiuance you can put in for some wasted costs :)

Please let us know when you have the hard copy and I will change your thread title. :)

BCOBS

Great news!! Told you Bryan Carter don't like having to work for their money which is another way of saying they speculatively litigate on debts which often don't appear to exist or are unenforceable for any number of reasons relying simply upon the %age wins from uncontested default judgments to make the sorry business lucrative.

Now go and hit them hard for your wasted costs!!

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Well done Techno

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Called court and they confirmed that the case has been discontinued. Been waiting for a letter confirming now for 14 days, so rang again and was told the court do not send anything its just on there systems. Is that normal practice?

I would phone the court and ask if they could send you a copy of the notice of discontuance and also write to Bryan carter.. something along the lines of..

"I have not received confirmation of your telephone call of.. where you stated that your client has instructed you to discontinue with the claim number XXXXx "

I look forward to your early response.

That way you have covered both sides..

BCOBS

Just a thought.. can you still access the MCOL web page with your claim on it ? If so, you might find something on there that says .. discontinued.. if so.. print it off :)

BCOBS

I have a letter stating the claim has been discontinued from BC. Just that I'd assumed the court would send an official one.

Sorry, my misunderstanding. MCOL dont always send out NoDs.. So, as long as you do have the letter from BC, then just file it very safely and forget about it.

I would still check the MCOL webpage if you still have access and see what it says on your claim.. :)

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...