style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm new to the site but just came across and need some advice.

I'm one thats usually very good with finances so this is all new and scary to me. Anyway, about 3 months ago I received a parking ticket, I didn't pay it as I was disputing it due to it being a bank holiday.

The rejected my claim but stated I could dispute again, however, due to new job and finishing uni (excuses) I just kept putting it off. The original fine was around £70 and then went to £112.

Anyway still putting it off I received a letter from Equita. I barely read it and stuffed it in a draw to deal with the next day. However, 2 days ago a bailiff turned up on my door. Luckily no one was in but my sister came home later to find a hand delivered letter.

I called the bailiff and he told me my balance had now gone up to £414+ and I must pay now unless they'll come tomorrow and increase again around £150. I was absolutely stunned. But to cause any further costs I unwillingly paid and then decided to try and fight it rather than fighting further costs.

I am waiting of a breakdown of the costs but as my claim will probably get rejected again I take it I'm not entitled to claim anything back?

But surely these costs are ridiculous and I've been overpriced?

It will be the last time I put something off anyway. This has crippled me.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

When did you apply for a breakdown of charges.

Unfortunately, once it gets into the hands of the bailiffs the cost does rise considerably.

It does seem a little high, but until you get a breakdown of the charges we can then see how they came to that amount, some charges may be questioned.

Who have you asked for the breakdown of charges from?

Hi and welcome to CAG.

When did you apply for a breakdown of charges.

Unfortunately, once it gets into the hands of the bailiffs the cost does rise considerably.

It does seem a little high, but until you get a breakdown of the charges we can then see how they came to that amount, some charges may be questioned.

Who have you asked for the breakdown of charges from?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The bailiff told me on the phone that I would receive a breakdown of the costs in the post. Do I need to ask the debt collectors for this again?

I've seen a few breakdowns online and it looks like the highest cost will be van hire! Surely this can't be right for a less than £150 collect?

Right I have had the breakdown of the costs! It's ridiculous. One visit....

Debt: £112.00

Initial letter: £11.20

Visit fee: £80.00

Attendance charges: £160.00

Card charge: £10.33

VAT: £52.31

Do I have a leg to stand on with claiming on of this back?

4 threads merged

please keep to one thread per issue

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Visit fee an attendance charges bogus, 1st visit he is allowed to charge 28% of the outstanding balance which would be £112 plus letter fee. And also he cannot charge a credit card charge.

Is this the only time that he has visited ?

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.