• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax PPI Claim - Frustration,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

Just wanted to air my frustration at this so called bank of mine.

I have my mortgage with them,

along with my house insurance,

I used to have a credit card with them,

so i,d like to think i have been a good customer over the years.

I agreed to their offer,

as being unemployed,

any money i could get for xmas would be a god send.

I recieved a cheque,

however not made out correctly.

I contacted Halifax ,who told me ,as it wasn,t made out correctly ,i would be unable to pay it into my account,

hence i returned it,

paying £5.85 to guarantee next day delivery to them on 28th Nov.

They confirm that they recieved the cheque back, but i have been given two different replies as to when i can expect another cheque correctly made out to me.

Four weeks and 16 weeks are their replies, as my claim has gone back into a process, what process i don,t know.

I contacted Halifax and explained i was unemployed and with 2 young kids and could do with the payment before xmas,

Sorry you are in a process now was their reply.

I contacted the Financial Ombudsman to see if they could help,

they couldn,t, as there is a process, was their reply

.So here 25 days after returning my cheque ,i have not recieved another as of today.

I think that we can help you - although there is no way you will be able to get your money back for Christmas, I'm afraid.

Apart from that, if you would like some direct help to get this going rather more quickly than it might otherwise, please send an email to me at our admin address. put your username in the subject line and let me have phone number

Ta

This is shocking! I know what it's like when you are unemployed and every penny is a prisoner. This is such a busy time of the year....as well as being expensive. I hope your cheque comes through quickly for you and 2012 will be a better year than this one....in that you find yourself a good job.

Gemspan x

Here is an update on my case.Today i rang the claims dept of the Halifax.Despite me having record of posting their cheque back to them on the 27th Nov,and record of them recieving it on the 28th Nov.They are saying my letter and the cheque didn,t hit their system until the 13th Dec.So it is up to 30 days from the 13th Dec,according to them.The cheque has been in their hands now 24 days tomorrow .To me absolutely shocking.Given that i,m a halifax customer,the cheque is a Halifax cheque,being paid into a Halifax account,in one of their branches,it still takes a further 5 days to clear.What is their problem,are they afraid it will bounce..

Thanks for your reply Gemspan.Yes unemployed 2 years in March.

In the space of 4 days i went from being nominated for a national award with my company,for outstanding customer service,to being told i was being made redundant.Life as they say,You never know what is just around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Are banks supposed to send your PPI refund cheque to Insolvency Practitioner although you have been discharged from bankruptcy and have a discharge letter sent to them to prove this? Some people in the forum have been paid and I cannot understand why Halifax was so rude and insensitive. They eventually asked to go to FOS if I was not happy with their decision. Having checked my credit report recently, there no companies in my report showing default, my credit report is clean, even halifax is not showing in my report because those records are over six years. Also the two other companies that were also in my bankruptcy had PPI on them and I did not claim any refund. I thought the whole idea of PPI was to protect consumers in case of job less or sickness etc. I lost my job and that is how I lost my house through Halifax who sold the house and got their money. By the way, to be clear, the two loans I had with Halifax had nothing to do with bankruptcy, these two loans I had before I had mortgage and I paid it off early. Early last year when I found that I was sold PPI on those two loans I claimed on them and Halifax has treated me with contempt, their customer services are very rude and that was the reason I contacted their CEO Antonio Osario via email but all he did was forward my emails to his staff, all his staff did was kept on sending me letters saying if you do not like the decision, go to FOS. They did not care, they are so insensitive. Can someone help me on this - thanks.