tkmaxx rlp fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was caught shoplifting in tkmaxx for a total worth of 15 quid items. The police was called and the police lady came but only stayed for around 10 minutes as she just called my parents to collect me and took my and my friends names but she didn't take no addresses. The tkmaxx security said I would have to pay a fine which will be issued in a letter arriving by post within the next 7 days (this was 6 days ago). I have received a letter from RLP today. We are both 15 years old and they didn't mention anything about shoplifting or fines in the letter but did mention a contribution of 137.50 which was reduced to 35.00 because of my age. The last paragraph in the letter mentioned that please do not ignore this letter, if a payment is not made within 21 days, we will write to you again. I have done some research on this and people are saying this is not a fine but an invoice instead which is a [problem]. Is this true? Also,they had mentioned something about legal act 1998 but nothing about court. They can't take me to court over 35 quid can they? As the case would cost them a lot more. Also, would this go on my criminal record as I'm 15 (I asked the guy at tkmaxx and he said it wouldn't as I'm under 16)? Should I pay for this or just ignore the letters to come? Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Hi moa

Welcome to CAG

It is correct that what you have received is a invoice and not a fine. If you are concerned, then it might be worth visiting your CAB office. I'm surprised the store security didn't call your parents and that they called the police who then called your parents.

Hi moa

Welcome to CAG

It is correct that what you have received is a invoice and not a fine. If you are concerned, then it might be worth visiting your CAB office. I'm surprised the store security didn't call your parents and that they called the police who then called your parents.

It didn't mention a fine, just a contribution and it didn't have a dealine date aswell

As your only 15!.... It looks like scaremongering and bully boy tactics on behalf of tk maxx.... Tell them to poke thier £35 and contact the manager of the store be very sorry offer to pay for the goods and then stay out of tk maxx for a while!...

You can't get a crim rec until you have been arrested and cautioned or charged so don't worry about that

What ever happened to parents paying then giving a clip around the ear when you got home?...

As your only 15!.... It looks like scaremongering and bully boy tactics on behalf of tk maxx.... Tell them to poke thier £35 and contact the manager of the store be very sorry offer to pay for the goods and then stay out of tk maxx for a while!...

You can't get a crim rec until you have been arrested and cautioned or charged so don't worry about that

What ever happened to parents paying then giving a clip around the ear when you got home?...

Well, tkmaxx did not give me the invoice of 3d quid. It was RLP and their a [problem] company (research) who's clients are tkmaxx and they make money from this.