z3rokarma vs. barclays bank

z3rokarma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Well - I sent off my letter requesting my statements on 07/09 and received a letter back just the other day from Mr Peter Townsend.

Usual stuff, denying any wrongdoing, refusing to detail manual interventions etc etc. and also stating that copies of my statements will be forthcoming "in a few weeks" without charge. They're ALSO getting on the "it's on microfiche, we don't owe you nuthin'" bandwagon. Apparently some data prior to and during 1999 and 2000 is stored on this mystical DPA-foiling storage medium.

Hah! I am responding informing him that he has forty days from the date of my original request to supply me with the information requested, or it's time to start hitting him with the Data Protection stick :)

I didn't actually enclose the £10 fee initially (couldn't find my chequebook, didn't think about going into the bank to hand in the £10) but their letter to me acknowledges that my original request was made "under the terms of the data protection act" so i think this should be OK...

Wish me luck (also taking a shot at getting cashback from Barclaycard, who are being rather more difficult, again with the mystic microfiche!)

yada yada - they keep playing the same old tune - funnily enough I forgot to put my £10.00 in with my dpa and data proitection sent a letter back comfirming they would send info as requested but noted i hadnt sent the 10.00 as I put in my letter ha ha!

If you want a useful number for Pter Townsend its 01565 614000 - best to keep it all in writing of course but it can help to give him a little nudge along the way sometimes!

SHaron