Napier Parking Fixed Charge Notice (A REAPOFF)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Sunday afternoon I parked at Willen Lake In Milton Keynes.

To be completely honest I paid no attention to the existence or not of signs around.

I recall there were two other cars in the parking lot when I arrived.

I went for a short walk at the Lake but returned in less than a half hour because it was extremely cold.

As I got back to the car there was a Fixed Charge Notice on the windscreen stating that I had to pay £80 pounds for the infraction or £40 pounds if I pay within 14 days.

I quickly looked at the other cars in the lot (there were 3 of them when I returned)

and low and behold they were all faced with the same predicament.

The all had Fixed Charge Notices on their windscreens.

Now I have no problems in paying the fine if it was a reasonable sum,

for example, the cost of parking for a full day at the lake.

But £80 pounds?

I was not causing any potenial loss of future revenue as the car park was not busy at all.

It was practically empty save for the three other cars there all of which had received parking tickets.

I am writing here because I read others are consistently saying ignore the notice but I also read that the law was changning whereby these private companies including the BPA

(or some other similar abbreviation or acronym) would be given the authority to pursue offenders.

Should I pay the fine?

Should I call them up and offer them a reasonable amount for the offense.

What should I do?

By heck these men deserve a gold medal for speed of running, they must knock the ... of olympic runner, - they also deserve the biggest gold possible for cowardice and they run in, dump the ticket and run like hell so no one sees them.

DO NOT pay this speculative invoice. They have no power of enforcement and if they threaten to take you to court, you say you will defend and they will withdraw.

Don't contact them in any way, just expect a dozen letter threatening and throwing their toys out of their pram.

ignore

and the BPA are just a load of speculative invoicing PPC that have joined hands.

there is no FINE at all.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If this was issued by a private company (Napier) rather than the council, you are not liable for it. Don't contact them, don't offer them any money, and get ready to receive a succession of scary letters.

You should completely ignore all their letters and the threats therein, and nothing will happen. They will eventually give up when they see they aren't getting your cash.

Napier Parking are owned and run by a father and son team from the well known, wealthy de Savary family. The same family also own and operate the sports centre at Willen Lake where de Savary Jnr (James) is the MD.

They appear to stick to a standard letter chain and have yet to do court and can be safely ignored. NP are based just outside Petersfield in Hampshire and that is where the letters will originate.

• 1 month later...

On a windy day in September2011, I parked at Willen Lake and paid for a ticket. I placed the ticket on mydashboard. When I returned to the car, a ‘Fixed Penalty Charge’ (FPC) was fixedto my window.

Apparently, the ticket hasfallen to the floor!!

I wrote to Napier withcopy of the Parking Ticket complete with Receipt to appeal the ‘FPC’, but hadno reply.

Several months went bywithout further communication. But out of the blue, I had a message on myanswerphone at home today from TNC Collections. Without knowing who or whatthey are, I called them. They said thatthey are collecting on behalf of Napier for the FPC.

So I told them that it isup to them to prove that I was the driver of the vehicle at the time.

From what I understand,they have no basis for their claim. I intend to continue to ignore them.

My wife is worried thatthey may send in Debt Collectors etc etc.,

How can they find my phonenumber? What should I do if theycontinue to hassle me with telephone calls?

Firstly, don't confuse debt collectors with bailiffs. Debt collectors are powerless and can only politely ask for money. They cannot turn up, and take your telly and stuff. Bailiffs do that, but only with a court warrant, which isn't going to happen in this particular case. If the Debt Collectors phone again you can tell them that the debt is denied, and that they must now refer the case back to their client. If you receive any further contact from them you will treat this as harassment and take appropriate action, and you will also file a complaint with the CSA (Credit Services Agency - I assume Napier are members, they probably are if they are proper debt collectors). Then end the call, do NOT enter into a conversation with them about the parking invoice. Is it really called a 'fixed penalty notice'?? Naughty naughty. Only the police issue those, so that's being a little bit fraudulent of them to dress their invoice up like a police ticket! For that reason I confidently predict that they won't want this ever being put in front of a judge and that the chances of them risking court are less than zero!

• 1 month later...

So I got a ticket in November last year. Having read online forums I have ignored all the written demands. Must have had over 10 various looking documents. They are now emailing me and phoning me.

Do I continue to ignore???

Appreciate any comforting words of advice. Really want these parasites off my back now!!!!

Yes, continue to ignore. It's a drag that they are telephoning. Maybe you could block the number? Likewise with emails - you might be able to filter them out. If I were you I wouldn't attempt any kind of payback, like sending them junk emails - just ignore it all so they are in effect talking to themselves.

Anyway, the fact is, they are pestering you. They wouldn't be doing this if they had a legal case - they would start proceedings. The fact that they are behaving like a spurned lover shows how desperate they are!

So I got a ticket in November last year. Having read online forums I have ignored all the written demands. Must have had over 10 various looking documents. They are now emailing me and phoning me.

Do I continue to ignore???

Appreciate any comforting words of advice. Really want these parasites off my back now!!!!

This is all the comfort you need:

• 3 weeks later...
On Sunday afternoon I parked at Willen Lake In Milton Keynes.

To be completely honest I paid no attention to the existence or not of signs around.

I recall there were two other cars in the parking lot when I arrived.

I went for a short walk at the Lake but returned in less than a half hour because it was extremely cold.

As I got back to the car there was a Fixed Charge Notice on the windscreen stating that I had to pay £80 pounds for the infraction or £40 pounds if I pay within 14 days.

I quickly looked at the other cars in the lot (there were 3 of them when I returned)

and low and behold they were all faced with the same predicament.

The all had Fixed Charge Notices on their windscreens.

Now I have no problems in paying the fine if it was a reasonable sum,

for example, the cost of parking for a full day at the lake.

But £80 pounds?

I was not causing any potenial loss of future revenue as the car park was not busy at all.

It was practically empty save for the three other cars there all of which had received parking tickets.

I am writing here because I read others are consistently saying ignore the notice but I also read that the law was changning whereby these private companies including the BPA

(or some other similar abbreviation or acronym) would be given the authority to pursue offenders.

Should I pay the fine?

Should I call them up and offer them a reasonable amount for the offense.

What should I do?

Too many barrack room lawyers in here,I had a fixed charge notice and ignored it,only to end up in county court and I lost my case,bear in mind Napier pursue all cases,so my advice is dont ignore it, it will not go away and Napier are members of the British Parking Authority which allows them to obtain vehicle data from DVLA

Too many barrack room lawyers in here,I had a fixed charge notice and ignored it,only to end up in county court and I lost my case,bear in mind Napier pursue all cases,so my advice is dont ignore it, it will not go away and Napier are members of the British Parking Authority which allows them to obtain vehicle data from DVLA

Yes of course and the court papers will be delivered by Lord Lucan whilst riding Sheargar!

Nice try!! :lol:

My parking ticket was fixed charge notice which I got at Wiilen Lake as my parking ticket had expired by 35 mins, I ignored it and all subsequent correspondence only after 28 days I got notice of court action,I took it to my solicitor who confirmed it was a genuine document.As I previously stated I went to county court and ended up paying £120

cause you did..........

so you've only just come up on cag and posted twice, both in favour of our favorite fleecers.

worried about the effect last nights watchdog is going to have are we.....

2nd time they've shown the no PPC speculative invoice ever needs paying.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My parking ticket was fixed charge notice which I got at Wiilen Lake as my parking ticket had expired by 35 mins, I ignored it and all subsequent correspondence only after 28 days I got notice of court action,I took it to my solicitor who confirmed it was a genuine document.As I previously stated I went to county court and ended up paying £120

scan up the court paperwork then:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

or convert them to .PDF

ENSURE:remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

dx

and they

scan up the court paperwork then:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

or convert them to .PDF

ENSURE:remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

dx

You're not really going to hold your breathe waiting for Skynet to actually post up these mythical documents are you dx? :lol:

well we just got rid of three spoof members from an RLP company that were telling lies on here to try and dupe people into

paying speculative invoices

so

i thought i'd cal this ones bluff too.

if they are real then they'll be no issue posting PROOF..

dx

and they

This is now a really tired old line. Strange how all of these people who come to the forum, allegedly take its advice - without posting, of course, subsequently claim to have received court papers; still don't post anything here and ultimately lose at court.

If I understand correctly what skynet claims he suggests that court proceedings were issued after 28 days?

It would be foolish to dismiss every case as being a put up job, potentially and I welcome sight of skynet's putative paperwork as a learning exercise.