Ferratum/DRS Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

i took out a loan of £150 with Ferratum UK and defaulted,

tried to contact them about paying it off/repayment plan

i never heard anything so sent them a token payment of £30 myself out of good will and trying to lower the loan.

However ive now had it passed onto a collection agency (DRS) whom have emailed me/phone me to get in contact with a "Loiuse Brown" Obviously the person assigned to my case.

I Spoke to her and she wasnt very helpful, didnt listen to me started getting angry and wouldnt let me talk or discuss a payment plan

and finished stating that if i dont pay the amount of £250 (Loan/Interest/Charges) by 30th of December they are sending someone round my house to collect the money in person or assets.

Where do i stand here?

A) i dont have any assests really as i live with family, whom own the house

B) can they legally just enter my house and take somethings of value?

Im pretty sure i have to have failed a CCJ to have this happen, or am i mistaken?

If im correct what do i do about this as its christmas and theres no way i can afford £250 dead on the 30th and even when i get paid ill be left with basically nothing in my account to live on for the next month waiting for payday after paying bills.

Hopefully someone can be of help on this situations, this is totally new to me so im a bit confused on what i should do.

Hi,

I am unsure of who these are but we are having problems at the moment they are wanting me to pay back a loan that they never gave me! As for coming and taking assets they can't do this and next time you speak to Louise, tell her you are recording the call (even if you aren't) and that you will report to the office of fair trading if they keep making false threats and comments and harrassing you.

Hi,

I am unsure of who these are but we are having problems at the moment they are wanting me to pay back a loan that they never gave me! As for coming and taking assets they can't do this and next time you speak to Louise, tell her you are recording the call (even if you aren't) and that you will report to the office of fair trading if they keep making false threats and comments and harrassing you.

Thanks, well they recored the conversation anyway, well apparently they was.

Anyone can make a beeping sound over a phone :p

But yeah ok, i thought so and when i hear from her again ill let her know and will report to OFT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Do you have the contact number for DRS as i had a text from them but unfrotunately have deleted it. I have tried searching for them on the net but cannot get them.QUOTE=Snipatm;3653953]Hello,

Just checking about the legality of this situations/what i should do?

Basically i took out a loan of £150 with Ferratum UK and defualted, tried to contact them about paying it off/repayment plan i never heard anything so sent them a token payment of £30 myself out of good will and trying to lower the loan.

However ive now had it passed onto a collection agency (DRS) whom have emailed me/phone me to get in contact with a "Loiuse Brown" Obviously the person assigned to my case.

I Spoke to her and she wasnt very helpful, didnt listen to me started getting angry and wouldnt let me talk or discuss a payment plan and finished stating that if i dont pay the amount of £250 (Loan/Interest/Charges) by 30th of December they are sending someone round my house to collect the money in person or assets.

Where do i stand here?

A) i dont have any assests really as i live with family, whom own the house

B) can they legally just enter my house and take somethings of value?

Im pretty sure i have to have failed a CCJ to have this happen, or am i mistaken?

If im correct what do i do about this as its christmas and theres no way i can afford £250 dead on the 30th and even when i get paid ill be left with basically nothing in my account to live on for the next month waiting for payday after paying bills.

Hopefully someone can be of help on this situations, this is totally new to me so im a bit confused on what i should do.

https://www.paydrs.co.uk/default.aspx

There you go, number is there.

Well i havnt paid the repayment plan which they forced down my throat over the phone becuase i couldnt as i have many others to pay, ive said if a debt collector steps on my door that im reporting it immediately and can pay small amounts each month as £250 straight up with others in impossible.

stop using the phone

never ever talk on the phone about your debts!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ferratum are the 'new boys' on the block in the UK, I've found out they operate from a rented office in a flash office block near London Bridge..

You MUST complain to

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk for the OFT who are investigating these companies at the moment and http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk for Trading Standards