CCj during bankruptcy

Belaflat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am posting for some form filling advice for a workmate.

Basically he was declared bankrupt a year or so ago and at this time he also had a vehicle on HP which he subsequently returned to the finance company.

Timeline of events is as follows.

The finance company would not go away and continued to chase him for the money.

He contacted the OR who in turn contacted the company informing them this was covered under bankruptcy.

Finance company ignored all this and sent out papers for CCJ

OR contacted again by my mate and again the OR sent a letter to the claimant informing them this was covered.

Judgement by default then arrived in post.

OR has contacted the claimant to inform them the original amount claimed would be added to the list of creditors but not any costs, fees or interest, he has also told my mate its up to him to set it aside, not the job of the OR.

I have copies of all the paperwork and it is as stated but with regard to the set aside, does he request an attended hearing or a hearing without anybody present.

Does he just need to submit a copy of his bankruptcy order or all letters between the OR and claimant.

Finally, what happens to the costs side of all this as he is worried that the CCJ may be enforced, he contacted the claimant by phone who basically told him tough luck, they have judgment now.

Any advice or assistance gratefully accepted.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs