Urgent help needed jd williams accusing of fraud!!

baileysmammy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There

Im hoping someone can help me urgently.

My Gran took out a catolouge with naturally close under her maried name. She then seperated with my grandad and took out 2 further catologues with JD williams reverting back to her maiden name after seperating with her husband.

She is abroad vising family at the moment until mid january and my grandad is looking after her house.

Yesterday someone from jd williams called to speak to her, when my grandad advised she wasnt here they asked who he was he gave his name and they then looked something up on the computer and said that my gran had 2 different names on the accounts and that they were gonna get her charged with fraud!

My grandad is now extremely worried about this situation and has to call jd williams back on monday , can they accuse my gran with fruad for reverting back to her maiden name and if so does anyone know what will happpen?

we dont want to worry her while she is abroad so ideally i need to get this sorted out ASAP

Hi bailey

JD Williams shouldn't be discussing anything with your Grandad, it's not his accounts. They can only talk to the account holder. They've broken the Data Protection Act. Your Gran should complain to the ICO when she gets back. Your Grandad needs to get the name of the individual that called from JD Williams,

write a report. Clearly your Gran shouldn't be using multiple names, but only she will know why she did. Don't be pro active trying to sort it out, wait until she gets back, you could make matters worse.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

Hi Rebel

Thanks for that, basically it was due to them seperating she started using her maiden name again, so the majority of her bills have been swapped over to her now maiden name.

Im just worried the police will turn up at the door , i dont want to worry her while she is away so we arent going to tell her anything at the moment as she is in her 70's and dont want to cause her any undue stress

Im just worried she is going to be in alot of trouble even though it is genuinely her maiden name.

certainly do not call them

and if they turn up at the door

call the police

they are NOT bailffs and have NO LEGAL RIGHT to doorstep.

they have no more powers than the milkman!

as for the debts and the issues surrounding them

they are talking bowlarks

its not fraud

its a flippin catalogue company.

very very last in the pile of debtors ANYONE should ever bother about.

next will be unreliable collections

again they HAVE NO LEGAL POWERS either

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...