capquest letter of claim littlewoods cat debt

kell4040
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think this debt is come upto 6 years im not sure as i forgot all about this but they found me at this address were i am now.

I moved in feb 2006 and must of forgot all about this and now in am real worried as i own my home so dont want a ccj

how do i find out if it is 6 years

I have not made any payments to this if i can remember from dec 2005/jan 2006 im not sure

please can someone give me info on what i should do

thanks

i cant up load pc playing up so i will type what it says

date 14th december

debt purchased from lcg (littlewoods)

account 0000000 ballance £1357.63

letter of claim under the practice direction-pre action conduct

you have not responded to our previous letters. your account has been passed through the relevant pre-action validations and checks.

your account will be passed to our solicitors with instructions to commence legal action on or after 28th dec 11 unless you have reached a satisfactory arrangement with us before then.

the claim will be issued in the name of capquest investments limited and will be for the unpaid ballance on the above account. we want you to contact us with your proposals for payment by letter quting ref or by telephoning our experienced team of collectors on 00000 to descuss possible repayment options.

you do not have to pay the full balance immediately to avoid a claim being issued. we will seek to agree an acceptable arrangement for payment over a period of time.

we will allow you a further 14 days to contact us.

if you do nothing then a claim will be issued without any further warning to you.

this will involve expenditure on the court fees and solicitors court costs which we will seek to recover from you.

through the litigation process we will seek a judgment of the court, directing you to pay the moneies outstanding. if are successful and if necessary to do so we will seek to enforce such judgement by warrant of execution which will result in bailiffs visiting your address.

we refair you to practice direction-pre action conduct and particulary paragraph 4 whice allows the court to impose sanctions on a party who does not comply with its requirements. we are willing to discuss with you any issues relating to our claim and seek to resolve any dispute through alternative dispute resolution methods. our prefarred method is without prejudice discussions with you or your advisers.

free advice and assistance can be obtained from organisations

the letter was posted 2nd class

like i said i had forgot all about this i did order something from littlewoods a few weeks ago so this is were it may have flagged up.

capquest1.jpg

Edited by kell4040

Use this method...courtesy dx100uk

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

hit reply button

ims

Hi,

Check your credit file for starters. While this is not the most definitive answer to whether it is SB yet, it does give some idea.

Depending on who you paid up until you stopped, you may need to send them a SAR to get the statements of account.

Have you received anything from Capquest before this letter?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I think this debt is come upto 6 yearslink3.gif im not sure as i forgot all about this but they found me at this address were i am now.

I moved in feb 2006 and must of forgot all about this and now in am real worried as i own my home so dont want a ccj

how do i find out if it is 6 years

I have not made any payments to this if i can remember from dec 2005/jan 2006 im not sure

please can someone give me info on what i should do

thanks

i cant up load pc playing up so i will type what it says

date 14th december

debt purchased from lcg (littlewoods)

account 0000000 ballance £1357.63

letter of claim under the practice direction-pre action conduct

you have not responded to our previous letters. your account has been passed through the relevant pre-action validations and checks.

your account will be passed to our solicitors with instructions to commence legal action on or after 28th dec 11 unless you have reached a satisfactory arrangement with us before then.

the claim will be issued in the name of capquest investments limited and will be for the unpaid ballance on the above account. we want you to contact us with your proposals for payment by letter quting ref or by telephoning our experienced team of collectors on 00000 to descuss possible repayment options.

you do not have to pay the full balance immediately to avoid a claim being issued. we will seek to agree an acceptable arrangement for payment over a period of time.

we will allow you a further 14 days to contact us.

if you do nothing then a claim will be issued without any further warning to you.

this will involve expenditure on the court fees and solicitors court costs which we will seek to recover from you.

through the litigation process we will seek a judgment of the court, directing you to pay the moneies outstanding. if are successful and if necessary to do so we will seek to enforce such judgement by warrant of execution which will result in bailiffslink3.gif visiting your address.

we refair you to practice direction-pre action conduct and particulary paragraph 4 whice allows the court to impose sanctions on a party who does not comply with its requirements. we are willing to discuss with you any issues relating to our claim and seek to resolve any dispute through alternative dispute resolution methods. our prefarred method is without prejudicelink3.gif discussions with you or your advisers.

free advice and assistance can be obtained from organisations

the letter was posted 2nd class

like i said i had forgot all about this i did order something from littlewoods a few weeks ago so this is were it may have flagged up.

I beleve it is six years from last payment Do you have any past paperwork ? I would consider sending an S.A.R.You say you ordered some thing from littlewoods a few weeks ago. Was this on a different account ?

hi thanks yes i ordered from littlewoods on a different account as i had forgot all about this debt.

I think the last payment was in dec 2005 or jan 2006 not sure i got married so i am in different name i also moved in feb 2006 to this address were i am now.

I got a letter off them a few months ago saying they were going to do a check .

I have looked at my credit file and nothing shows i am almost sure its come to the 6 years mark.

I dont have this kind of money to give them me and my hubby are not together anymore on my own with little girl.

I am worried as i have a mortgage dont want to be getting a ccj.

What sort of debt is this?

Are there any charges that could be reclaimed if this debt is no SB?

Initially I would be sending the 'prove it' letter from the library and send a SAR to the original creditor to see what is going on.

I think CQ have found out you have a mortgage and want to get the money that way

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

If you are unsure of the exact timings, a CCA request is a good move, as 42man says, as they are prevented from taking enforcement action in the courts while in default of such a request.

In the meantime, do all you can – digging out old bank statements etc, SAR to original creditor – to find out when the last payment was.

The simplest option may be to call the original creditor, give your name and old address, and ask them for the info directly, ie. when was the last payment to the account.

Two threads merged. Please try and keep to one thread per issue.

As this is yet to go legal, i will leave this in the debt forum

If they ask for a new address, avoid your current one! Should be a simple data check then they may be able to tell you if you have the info. If it’s over six years they may have removed the data. But if it was only sold recently (as a lemon), they should have it. They cannot ask you any non-security questions, as they are not now the data controller in essence, and don’t have any rights to it.

Doing a data check is not the same as acknowledging a debt – all it acknowledges is that you had an account, which you do not deny.

i rang littlewoods but they said they needed more infor and to send them docs to id myself they said my dob was not the one they had on the account i cant understand this why would i use a different dob or are they trying to get more details off me.

i rang littlewoods but they said they needed more infor and to send them docs to id myself they said my dob was not the one they had on the account i cant understand this why would i use a different dob or are they trying to get more details off me.

Don't phone them, Send a CCA request as advised and I would do this now, like in the morning. Do not delay.Do not give them any information at this stage.

Sounds like they are being obstructive idiots. As the dude says...

• 3 weeks later...

hi just an up date got a letter this morning from capquest saying they were going to statutory demand within 18 days.

A few days ago i rang littlewoods up as i think its just over 6 year mark when i gave my name she wanted my date of birth i gave her this she said it was not correct

and also it spells my first name wrong with ie at end and not y it also says miss and not mrs were do i stand if the dob does not match mine and name spelt wrong

no not yet didnt think i would get another letter

if the name spelt wrong and they have wrong date of birth how can they chase me for it

the lady at littlewoods would not give me any info as my date of birth did not match it also says miss xxxx and not mrs xxxx

they have also spelt 1st name wrong adding letter at the end