Notice of bailiff having visitedmy home-Penalty charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It all started when I went to see my solicitor regarding a family matter with regards to my son .I went to this car park,paid for a parking ticket and went to my solitors office which was just accross the road from

this car park.On my return I had been issued with a PCN which had elapsed by just 5 mins. I was travelling abroad with the family and I was in a state so I forgot to contest and I sold the vehicle before

travelling,On my return things had gone a bit far to persue and since I had got a new car I did'nt bother

until I had a note through the door from the bailiffs.I don't have a drive so i park my new car far off my

house just in case they find out. I use a company car which I park in front of the house and I know they can't do anything as it's not mine.My worry is can they find out about my new car,which is not the car in question

Strangly enough i'm just reading up on this and i've found

Please remember that a bailiff cannot levy on a motor vehicle if it is kept in a locked garage, "not parked nearby", or not in your own name!!!

from my understanding from what i've read the car needs to be within a reasonable distance for them to levy against it. If its 10 or 15 mins walk/ 2 or 3 roads away that seems to be classed as far enough away for them not to be able to touch it.

And even if they no about the car, if they cant see it they cant levy on it.

Please remember that a bailiff cannot levy on a motor vehicle if it is kept in a locked garage, "not parked nearby", or not in your own name!!!

Bailiffs can break into a garage that is not joined to a house, they can also break into sheds and any other out house buildings that belong to a debtor.

from my understanding from what i've read the car needs to be within a reasonable distance for them to levy against it. If its 10 or 15 mins walk/ 2 or 3 roads away that seems to be classed as far enough away for them not to be able to touch it.

Unfortunately this is not correct. If your car is caught on a ANPR a bailiff can seize the vehicle regardless on how far away the car is from your home.

To seize goods a bailiff must be able to touch the item, he/she cannot look through a window and levy. however as I have already stated they can break in to a debtors property if it is not adjoining the debtors home. Only bailiffs with a warrant from the courts can use a lock smith to gain entry, this is a very rare occurrence.

Your company car is safe the bailiffs cannot touch this, however they can take your car if they are aware that you have a new car.

The simple answer to this is that NO the bailiff would not know whether you have a new vehicle.

If however your new car is parked OUTSIDE of your home or on your driveway, the bailiff could then take a note of the numberplate and as all bailiff companies are members of the BPA this allow them to have online access to DVLA records to establish ownership.

On the warrant of execution, it states the VRM (vehicle registration mark) of the car that was involved in the contravention.