can a company suspend you for anything?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a friend who did something silly (pranking around) in work but is not classed as gross misconduct or anything that may cause upset to any staff or customers. It turns out she is likely to get suspended and understandbly is deeply upset. Firstly is this legal and secondly can they dock wages?

I think it would depend on the conditions set

down in the persons contract of employment

and or the companies HR manual if any.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi qa

She must of done something that warrants investigation, it's something the company deem serious, otherwise it would be wasting everyones time and from their position a loss of productivity. If you could be more specific then we can provide further advice. Have any employees done the same thing before? Normally,

suspension is on 'full pay'.

http://www.acas.org.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1043

She has actually been suspended now and having learnt a little more about it now it seems not so clear cut.. it's the dreaded facebook again. I think they will need to see what happens and seek help from the unions or acas if things turn bad. As a business owner myself though I think it's a complete over-reaction and typical of off-site managers who have no connection and relationship with staff who immediately want to jump in flex their muscles.