HELP needed URGENTLY HALIFAX closed my accounts and won't say why?!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning my usual salary was transferred into my Easycash account as usual, and I went to transfer it into my eSaver. It wouldn't let me, there was an error code and a number to call.

I rang them, and they said that following a "risk assessment" they'd decided to close my accounts and a letter was being sent out telling me what to do next.

They wouldn't say anything else. Obviously I'm in a panic, they have £3000 of mine and with Christmas post the letter could be delayed.

Can anyone advise?

Can I go to bank with Passport & Driivers Licence and get MY MONEY

I won't be able to get to work next week if they hold my cash...help?

Thanks

A complete disgrace.

Try to go to the branch and withdraw the money - but frankly I doubt that you will succeed.

Please send an email to us at our admin email address. Include a phone number so that we have have a talk.

There are a few of these problems occurring at the moment and we may be able to give you some direct help.

On my way home now to pick up ID (Passport etc). I have no cash, I always used my electron card, so they have every penny I have save a few quid I keep for parking costs. Can't believe it just before Christmas and on a Friday afternoon.

Shocked!

So what has happened now?

WELL - An outcome!

Went into HALIFAX Branch. A couple of weeks ago an online offer had appeared for an Ultimate Reward Account, which I'd gone for. Had a letter a week ago saying they were processing application.

Apparently what happened was they 'opened the account' and then for some reason they declined it, they froze that 'declined account' and CLOSED it. But in doing so they closed all of my accounts - no warning.

They have admitted it was their error, and that someone should have closed the declined 'Ultimate Reward Account' and left my usual account alone.

Still feel like withdrawing ALL cash and moving away!

Horrible horrible experience. Thanks for all your advice here - YOU WERE AMAZING.

Hi Nidge and it's good to see this is resolved.

You should make a formal complaint to the bank's HQ and seek compensation for the anxiety, inconvenience and wasted time, caused by their error.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)