Council PCN - wrong address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning!

Back Story:

I received a PCN yesterday while parked outside my own house. It's a new vehicle, so had called the council on Monday to have my permit changed from the old vehicle to my new vehicle. They gave me a ref number which i was told to write down on a separate piece of paper and place next to my old permit (which listed my old vehicles information). I did so.

However, I guess the permit slid under the piece of paper that gave the ref number. So the permit was not visible, but the ref number was.

My argument is that the address listed on the PCN is completely different. Like not even close, possibly even the next council.

After reading through these forums I was going to dispute on 'contravention as described did not occur'

On my council's website there are 2 options to dispute online - via email or by filling out an online application form - penalty charge notice appeal. The online application form asks for my home address, do i want to fill this one out? I'd be giving out the address where the 'offense' actually took place .... or should I just email them and leave out my address details?

Any thoughts?

By "the address listed on the PCN", I presume you mean the location where the contravention occurred, as stated on the PCN itself.

If it names a different street to the one where the contravention was, that would invalidate it and you can appeal on those grounds.

What purpose would that acheive apart from you not receiving a reply?

LOL, hadn't even thought of that :)

Yes, it is my registration, and I've checked the address - it's not even in my borough!

Thank you for all the info, this forum has really helped - I wasn't sure how to fight it and now I'm 100% positive that it'll be dismissed.