style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We have had a visit tonight from Andrew Wilson regarding my son and a debt for Performing Rights from an old Pub he had.

My son has not lived here for 5 years, The EO left me with an unsealed letter detailing the debt and stating that they wil be back to remove goods.

My husband has cancer and heart problems so I cannott tell him of this. Is there anything I can do

If your son no longer lives with you and the debt is soley to do with him then they have no rite to take anything of yours.

Ring there office and make it clear to them that he no longer lives there and you have no forwarding address for him then ask them to update there details and not to call again..

They can push a few buttons and check who lives there. I had it when i first moved in where i am now. Bailiff turned up for the last person that lived here and asked me for the same thing, to prove i lived here, i just told him that it was nothing to do with him, which its not and to not call again. nevr heard anything else from them.

If they return and try to levy anything call the police as they are trespassers, and none of the goods belong to the named debtor, therefore they have no right to approach you

hopefully they will get the hint,

the regulars will no doubt be along with useful advice soon

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You have done your part and told them he no longer lives there. If they want to waste there time and money now then let them, and as brassnecked said above, if they do come back and refuse to listen to you or try to levy then the police will ask them to leave.

First off you are classed as vulnerable according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dca.gov.uk/enforcement/agents02.htm#part10 , this is because of your husband's condition. You will need to provide some proof however and send it to them. Doesn't matter it is just 1 person in the household that is ill or disabled it is enough to make the whole household vulnerable.

Secondly they are going to try to pressurise you to pay your son's debt, you are not responsible and quite rightly should not pay. To save any hassles you should fill out a Statutory Declaration and have it witnessed at any solicitor (cost £5/£10) - you will need at least 3 copies.Send 1 copy to Wilsons and keep another handy near the door should someone turn up so you can show them it.

Whatever happens do NOT allow anyone to enter your home. Regardless of anything he says he has no right of entry. Under the circumstances your son should be taking this on.

STATUTORY DECLARATION

I,____________________________ ______________

address_________________________________________________

make the following declaration under the Statutory Declarations Act 1835:

All items contained within the property at the above address and within it's boundaries, are owned by Mr XXX XXXX & Mrs XXX XXXX . There are no items within the property or it's boundaries belonging to any other person.

I understand that a person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence under section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835, and I believe that the statements in this declaration are true in every particular.

Signed:

Declared at___________________on__________________of 20___

Before me,

Full Name___________________________Qualification____________

Address__________________________________________________

of person before whom the declaration is made (in printed letters)

Adapt it to include the fact your son does not there and has no effects there.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Happy Contrails
Is there anything I can do

Do nothing, its not your problem and you have no obligation to give your sons whereabouts. If the pub was Ltd company then the debt dies with the company. In any event, when a period of 6 years has passed, the debt cannot be revived.

Hi,

If the future, your son needs to set aside this judgement, please post again and pm me... I have been successful in this with PPL this year on a pub from 2007. Set Aside Granted.

Judge threw out the case as PPL had no cause for action - had no evidence of fees due for licensable performances. Shoesmiths had egg all over!!!

Apart from that, the debt is not yours, tell them to bug off, stat dec is a good idea....

merry christmas

numbers

Thank You all for your help, Its much appreciated and Merry Christmas to everyone

have a good Christmas also, post back when you need to

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!