ncp milton keynes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since all the free parking in mk has gone to pay and display ive had a problem with getting parking tickets.

I work in the centre and have brought the scratch cards for employees. Since using these i have been issued two parking tickets, the first one i know was my own fault as i failed to scratch off the year, but the second one i did everything right. I paid for a 1 hour ticket then used my scratch card to cover the rest of the time, taking it past 6pm which is when it is free to park.

I have since tried to appeal this in writting and explaining everything. The first letter i had back from them was asking if i could send a copy of my parking tickets which i did so. I now receiced a letter from them saying that my appeal has been delined, "the parking attendant has recorded that the vehicle was parked in a pay and display bay without displaying a valid pay and display ticket. The pay and display ticket displayed had expired."

so now they are demanding £35 to be be paid within 14 days or £70 afterwards

any advice on this would be appreciated

The Council's reply sounds like you were in a pay & display bay. These usually aren't scratch cards, but printed tickets from a machine. Can you clarify whether you were definitely in the right class of bay?

Also, do you have any photos taken by the council, showing the ticket in-situ?

its not council run parking area its a ncp area

they never sent any pictures all I got was the ticket on the windscreen and in the first letter from them all it asked for was proof of tickets

the scracthcards are for parking bays

If it's definitely an NCP ticket, you can just ignore their letters. They will send you several designed to worry you into paying, but in the end they will give up as they can't make you pay.

However you might want to make absolutely certain it's not issued by NCP on behalf of the council. The best way is to check what it is called - is it "Penalty Charge Notice"? If it is, you will need to deal with it. If it is anything else, like "Parking Charge Notice" for instance, it can be ignored.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I was just wondering how this ended? I have just got a ticket from NCP doing the exact same thing with the scratch card. My argument is the pure fact that you can park in any purple coloured bays with your scratch card - so why is it ok for NCP to have purple coloured bays near the councils purple coloured bays and yet not accept the scratch cards. They are tricking people into parking there.

All the advice sites say it is ok to leave them but I just wanted to see how one actually went.