kurvaface

forged docs, mis-selling, awful service!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2856 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Without Prejudice

I had hoped that I wouldn't have to start this thread but here goes:

2-3 years ago we arranged with PCworld ( with rentsmart ) the rental of computer equipment for a Ltd company. It was explained that the Rentsmart account was like a rolling credit agreement where items could be added and at the end of the agreement, any kit could be returned, upgraded (new rental) or purchased for 10% of list price at time of agreement. This of course has been backed by a Director's guarantee, signed on the day. I have all my notes form the day of the discussions about this.

A few days later, the equipment list had to be ammended with some additions. This was arranged by the PCworld sales rep. The new additional equipment came. It was signed for and the PCworld sales rep said the following month we would have a new ammended single payment for all the kit rented. I have all my notes form the day of the discussions about this.

Approximately one year later, my company changed business bank account. I notified all our suppliers and all direct debits and payments etc were switched over to the new account.

Around two months after that I recieved a letter from Rentsmart saying my company was in arrears. I checked the bank account and saw that the payments had been going so I naturally phoned them up to get an explanation. To my suprise they told me that my company actually had 2 accounts with them and the second hadn't been paid for 2 months. Had I not switched banks I would not have known about this unless I thoroughly scrutinised the accounts

I complained because I was told categorically by PCworld we would have one account. Rentsmart said take it up with PCworld - it's their problem - get them to sort it. I told them we would suspend all payments until the matter was resolved but we would like it resolved quickly. They were reasonable to start with and said they would put everything on hold while it was sorted.

I have sent 30 emails to PCworld regarding this.

Bar 4, none have been replied to although all have an automated acknowledgement.

Two say "Not a PCworld Problem take it up with rentsmart, only they can modify the agreements"

One says "Go to your store to sort it out"

One reply from the store says "The guy that sold the kit doesn't work here anymore...don't bother coming to the store - sorry can't help"

!!

Rentsmart say it's not their problem - any complaints should be addressed to PC world, they sold you the contract, only they can cancel it and ammend it.

!!

In the mean time, I asked Rentsmart for all the paperwork. Initially they sent me an agreement for the first lot of kit with a Director's guarantee.

A month later they sent the paperwork for the second lot of kit ordered after the first few days. Interestingly there was no Director's guarantee.

After many requests they sent a copy of the supposed Director's guarantee which all my business partners are sure was never signed, particularly because the person who the signature belongs to wasn't even in the country on the date of the signature, which for some reason is dated a few weeks after the original agreement.

PCWorld have [EDIT]

I have complained to PCworld about this and recieved an acknowledgement but no response.

Since then, Rentsmart have tried to collect on the acccount. One of their reps, Becky, told me over the phone, "Ok then, your account is now terminated......"( although nothing has been written) They have transferred it to a typical Debt collector whose solicitor has said all correpsondence relating to the accounts should go to him. I have a couple of hours of audio recording of them ( Rentsmart and the DCA) upto the usual DCA lies and bad practice and unsuprisingly the DCA has scuttled off once this was played back to them. That was nearly a year ago.

The currnet position is:

I have notified them ( the solicitor) that under the circumstances of they and their client failing to address the issue of mis-selling, misleading practises and forging the signature, that the agreements are cancelled and they can provide a refund and come and collect their kit.

That was 9 months ago. I have heard nothing since.

From the outset I have made it clear to them, in almost every email and letter, that I would like to resume payments to them for all the kit, but, as one account as was sold to us.

How do I move this forward?

Edited by ims21

Without Prejudice

The other thing they lied about was the service. The PCworld sales rep said part of the package with this business service was that faults would be repaired on site and if this was not possible, a replacement product would be provided until repairs were completed. He even stapled the receipts into a "Tech Guys" brochure and said, "Ring these if you have any problems". It turns out this is not part of the package.

With regard to communication from PCworld since I raised this issue with them, they have responded with 4 emails passing the buck, and sent me 15 spam mails of offers for more rentsmart equipment!

Edited by kurvaface

Without Prejudice

I have been to Trading Standards and am following their advice to a degree.

EDIT

The core of their advice is that PCworld is legally liable for the costs arising out of this dispute. If the dispute is not resolved to the point where we have one account then we shall be taking them to Court.

As stated, we would like the matter settled despite having Instructed their solicitor to refund all monies and collect their stuff.

Edited by kurvaface

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi kurvaface, Thanks for taking the time to get in contact with us with regards to your rentsmart plan. You was right when you said it was a big issue!Having read your post in great detail I am quite shocked that this has not been resolved by the store and rentsmart put together. This case is something that needs to be resolved for the good of both parties as I'm sure you will agree. I will require some of your personal data which you can send to me in a private message through here. Please include your full address details and your contact number and any reference numbers that you may have and I will look into this for you and get back to you as soon as I have any information for you. Ideally what would you prefer the outcome to be would you like to continue the agreement that you have or would you like to end all dealings with the rentsmart agreement? Kind Regards, Paul The KNOWHOW Team.

Without Prejudice

Thanks for dropping in on this thread Paul.

The way I see it is PCworld sold my Business the following:

1) One convenient rental agreement

2) The option to buy the kit at the end of the agreement for 10% of the purchase price at the time of signing up, or return or upgrade.

3) On Site support

What my Business got:

1) Two rental agreements

2) Lied to about the end of agreement options

3) No on site support

4) Appalling customer service

When the problem was identified what happened was:

1) Rentsmart blames PCworld

2) PCworld passes the buck to Rentsmart

3) A forged Director's Gurantee is produced

4) My company's efforts to inquire about or rectify this problem are met with lies, deception and demands for money!

My objective has been to have the one account with one payment that we were sold but neither Rentsmart nor PCworld will cooperate.

What I would like you to do:

1) Deliver what your company representative said

or

2) Pay my business back, collect your kit and apologise for the scandalous way this has been dealt with from the moment your sales rep opened his mouth.

Unless this is a very common occurence, I think you should be able to go on your company's database and identify my business pretty quickly. Please get a senior manager to take ownership of this problem.

Edited by kurvaface

Without Prejudice

I have PMd you a reference number of one of your company's emails to me. You should be able to unravel it from there.

Please note you do not have consent to disclose data relating to this publicly however I will update this forum with what actions your campany does or does not take. I look forward to your reply.

Regards KV

Edit:

That reference number will give you my personal email address, through which, as I have invited PCWorld before, you may contact me and I will respond promptly.

Edited by kurvaface
additional info

Without Prejudice

Paul I have PMd you the additional information you have asked for.

Thanks for your assurance that you will repsect the confidentiality of my company.

As I said in the PM, having checked my email database, there are infact a minimum of approximately 60 emails regarding this matter that are unanswered,although acknowledged as received.

Edited by kurvaface

The problem U have is rentsmart own the equipment and the pc-world rep has earned a bucket load of commission twice that's why they done it.

rentsmart have their hands tied because they've bought a bad deal and pc world will have to pay them back to undo it so all in all a recipe for you getting done over.

Without Prejudice

I agree re commission. Awarding commission to someone whose prone to lying is like dangling crack infront of an addict. I asked about commission but for some reason it is commercially sensitive and no one will tell me.

Edited by kurvaface

Without prejudice

Hi Paul,

While you are doing whatever you do re this kind of problem, can you confirm for me the address to which a Data Subject Access Request should be sent, preferably the address which is registered with the ICO - preferably the holding company for your whole group. I would specifically be seeking data related to this dispute, action taken (or lack thereof) in response to emails, notes taken during phone calls of which I have recorded a few, cctv footage from the store etc amongst other things. I have asked Rentsmart for this information but they have not provided it. I trust you will provide it.

Additionally, I have invited Rentsmart through their solicitor at their DCA to a meeting with the press to explain this matter. I have not had a reply. I would be grateful if you could push this along.

KV

Hi KV, I am still looking into this issue for you, as you can probably apreciate its a little more indepth than first imagined. Would you please be able to email me with your Surname and a contact telephone number for yourself please as I am going to escalate your issue so that we can look to get this resolved sooner rather than later. Kind Regards,Paul The KNOWHOW Team

Without Prejudice

Hi Paul,

I have PMd you the contact info last week. I will do it again.

As my company's concerns have been met by your company's finance provider and their representatives with nothing other than lies and / or threats, thus escalating what should be a straight forward serious customer complaint into a litigous matter, I would be grateful if all matters were discussed in writing.

The outstanding issues are:

1) Your company is either to provide the service sold to my company or to refund all monies paid by my company and undo any arrangements that resulted from the misrepresentations made by your company.

2) I would like the address to which a Data Subject Access Request may be served for the purposes outlined above.

3) Meeting with press as outlined above.

For the information of caggers, other than the posts on this thread by Paul, there has been no progress made to date.

Edited by kurvaface

Without Prejudice

I have also just discovered to my horror whilst checking some details to forward to Paul, that the copy of the contract given to my company in store on the day of purchase, is significantly different to the one forwarded to me by Rentsmart when I requested all paperwork related to my company. The copy given to my company, although paginated correctly, is missing the critical information such as the terms, exclusion from rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the all important recommendation to seek legal advice before entering into the agreement.

!!!

Paul,

For some reason, the email address of the legal I sent you dept does not send well on cagmail.

There are no spaces in the address.

1) Your company is either to provide the service sold to my company or to refund

all monies paid by my company and undo any arrangements that resulted from the

misrepresentations made by your company.

2) I would like the address to which

a Data Subject access requestlink3.gif

may be served for the purposes outlined above.

3) Meeting with press as

outlined above.

It's been 2 weeks Paul.

Can you set out a timescale for answering these please.

Hi KV, I have sent you a PM. please note all details and the address provided on the PM should be held with the strictest of confidence. Kind Regards,PaulThe KNOWHOW Team

Without Prejudice

Thanks for your PM Paul.

Do you have an objection to me copying it to this thread?

Crossed Posts there. If you don't mind I will check your post #17 with the site team....

Edited by kurvaface

Hi KV, I have no objection to you copying the PM to this thread, please remove the postal address as we only give that address out when we need to escalate an issue to our legal team. Thanks for your co-operation with regards to this. Paul The KNOWHOW Team.

Without Prejudice

I know we are now into the third year of dealing with this problem, but Paul, are you seriously telling me that you want me to redact an address that is in the public domain, an address which infact by law your company is obliged to make public? I could understand if you had given me the name of a person who at that address, was going to take ownership of this problem and rectify it and you were asking me to keep their name confidential. However, true to PC World / Currys / DSG Retail form, you have not done this but yet again have apparently passed the buck so that I have to start this complaint all over again!!!!:evil:

That is bananas and infact pretty much encompasses your company's approach to this.

You may not have noticed Paul - the view count on this thread is rising quickly and there are now outside websites following it too.

Without Prejudice

Paul,

I have PMd you asking for the name of the person at that department you suggest I write to and their contact phone number. An email address would help speed this issue up too. KV

For the benefit of those reading the thread:

Paul's first PM today asks me to write to their legal services at DSG retail's registered office, re-outling the problem and they will then start "Proceedings". He states that he can no longer help with this matter as it's now over his head.

His response to my previous post is that a named colleague of his is doing some final "Prep work" and will contact me soon.

Edited by kurvaface

Did he mean this address:

MAYLANDS AVENUE

HEMEL HEMPSTEAD

HERTFORDSHIRE

HP2 7TG

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

On the 12/07/2011 a Mr Humphrey Singer was appointed a director. How about writing to him :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE