Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3273 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

On October 26th, I had my last two cigarettes. I haven't had one since. This from a bloke who had smoked continuously for 38 years.

The only way I am managing this is with the aid of Champix. The biggest drawback of Champix-they make me feel quite sick. This is because I cannot eat first thing and I had been advised to have the tablets with food :|

The biggest issue I have had is that I have to do something with my hands and mouth. This usually means eating-even when I'm not hungry :sad: I'm putting on lots of weight but always in the wrong places. The reason for this is because I don't eat in the morning so when I do start eating, I find it hard to stop.

As for 'quitzits' I had ONE :smile: then no more.

I do still find myself stalking smokers so that I can get a whiff of 'product' :!:

5 weeks of support left before I go it alone. that's when my willpower comes into its own.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

well done foxy,

i know just how you feel!

i gave up eleven weeks, four days and nine hours ago! after 53 years smoking!

i went 'cold turkey' as i couldn't bring myself to take any substitute as i may have become dependant on the substitute! (daft i know but thats how i felt at the time).

i too have frequent spasms where i could kill for a ciggy. your spot on about doing something with ones hands, so i bought some joke cigarettes, and 'voila' the urge is gone.

the only real difference i have noticed, is that i dont cough anymore, especially first thing in the morning. food doesn't taste any different (contrary to popular belief) for me at any rate.

i am determined not to start again.

good luck,

bartymuv.

Champix are not a replacement. They stop the brain craving nicotine and once the course is up (12 weeks) the nicotine will be totally out of my system (hopefully). I didn't want patches as they do replace the nicotine so (to me) that defeats the object.

Since I stopped, I don't really get bad cravings and the ones I do get are very mild.

I have noticed that I don't think of cigarettes until later and later in the day now although I still feel I'm missing something after food.

I'm not too impressed with my hospital consultant though. He said that stopping smoking would be as good as a course of steroids for my medical conditions. He lied! And one of his nurses confirmed it.

Well done to you too. After that many years it is even harder to quit. Keep it up :whoo:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE