£565 charges

littlemansmummy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recieved a letter on the 14november telling me over the past year i had paid out £565 in charges, breakdown of this would be £120 charge for an unpaid item when you do not have enough cleared funds

£285 charge for a paid item when you do not have enough cleared funds £160 unarranged overdraft fee. im a single mother on benefits and did not realise i even had £565 to spare :jaw:. is there any way i can go about claiming back this money and how would i go about it.

thanks in advance

Hi little

Welcome to CAG

Write a letter to their H/O, explain that you are a single mother and that you are on benefits. Explain that you want that monies back and that you are suffering

'Hardship' and that it's against the 'Lending Code' which states that you should not be treated 'Unfairly'. Tell them if the monies isn't refunded, you will lodge a complaint with the OFT. If you need to send a second letter, we can add that it will cost them £500 if the FOS need to look into the matter.

Send the letter to their Registered Office, send it Recorded.

Hi

Can you please give the answers to the following.

When was the first charge incurred and how much was it.?

How many charges have you incurred for unpiad items and what are the amounts?

How many charges have you incurred for paid items where you did not have enough cleared funds and what are the amounts?

How many unauthorised O/D fees have you incurred and what are the amounts?

What steps did the bank take (if any) and what steps did you take (if any) to discuss the issues as regards the account.

ims