redjax

Bryan Carter/Frederickson xxxxxxxxx - Santander

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2924 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, Need some advise please. My son had a personal loan with Santander. He then became unemployed and was of course unable to pay. He wrote to Santander explaining the position, got no response! As soon as he was back in work he wrote to them again offering to pay them £50 per month. Still no response from Santander. He then got a letter from Bryan Carter saying the £50 per month had been accepted but he had to pay them not Santander. The balance shown was £3441.96. which was £400 more than the original debt. He has been paying £50 per month since March. He has just received his 6 monthly statement from Santander, which shows the opening balance was £3078.13 and payments received every month of only £25 when he has been paying £50 per month. There is also outstanding interest added of £93.51. My son used to pay the bill at the Post Office over the counter in cash. But Bryan Carter phoned them and said it had to made by card instead. So they have been taking the payments from my daughter in laws card at £50 per month. Is Bryan Carter acting legally? Should my son write to them and tell them he will make payments directly to Santander from now on? Please help, at this rate he will be paying over £6000 to clear this debt. If he had come to me earlier I would have told him to tell BC to shove it, but unfortunately he has tried to do the decent thing by clearing the debt and I feel he is being robbed himself now. What do we do?:mad2:

Morning redjax, I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable CAG members will be along shortly to advise, but clearly something is very wrong here.

If it were me I would immediately send Santander a Subject to Access Request which will give your son all information to include the actual amount owing and how the £50 pm he has been paying has been applied to his account. It will also flag up all the charges and any PPI he has on the loan which can be reclaimed and which could reduce his debt considerably.

I would also advise your son to not let Bryan Carter intimidate him or dictate how he should make payment. Never give these people your card details. If your son is happy to pay via the Post Office in cash then he entitled to do so or alternatively he could set up a Standing Order. It's for your son to control how and when he makes payment and to be honest he should only be making a payment he can realistically afford.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to advise further.

Best,

Coffee

Thanks very much Coffee. As Santander are still issuing statements I don't see why he can't pay them directly. When will the OFT shut down Carter and all the other bottom feeding sharks out there.

He doesn't have to deal with BC, they are just a DCA and have no legal powers - all they can do is huff and puff and throw their toys out of the pram. I would tell your son to stop dealing with BC and pay Santander directly. How was your son making the original payments? Does he have account details so he can Santander directly?

Get the SAR sent off enclosing £10 as I would want to know why the WHOLE of my hard earned £50 has not been applied to the account!

Best,

Coffee

Thanks Coffee, just done the SAR for him and a letter telling Bryan Carter exactly where to shove their demands...oh I do feel better after writing that!

Some care is needed here Carter is a solicitor well

known for issueing claims.

There would seem to be some missing letters/contact

here what so far has Fredricksons involvement been,

was there any notification from Freds that the were passing

the debt to Carter of any notice that Santander had passed

the account to FREDs and has your son checked his credit files

if not he should do so asap.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello BRIGADIER2JCS. There were no letters from Santander, at all, my son wrote to them offering £50 per month and the next thing Carters wrote to him saying the offer was accepted but he had to make payments to them and not Santander. Frederickson wrote to my son a year ago and he ignored tham as he didn't know who they were. He only started paying Carters as they had apparently answered on behalf of Santander.

Back to basics I think, refresh my memory please, has your

son checked his credit reference files, this will help establish

who infact now owns the debt or if Santander still do.

I am much inclined to suggest that he makes a formal complaint

to Santander regarding the fact that no default notice, notice of assignment

or notice of referrall of the account to Carter has been received, also

the fact that ''reasonable'' offers to repay have been ignored.

If you need help I will happily draft a formal complaint letter for your

son.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello Brig, no he hasn't done that yet, but he is going to. A formal complaint draft would be a huge and welcome help. Thank you.

Hi redjax, Brig is right. Brig, do your thing and if you all don't mind I will keep subbing to this thread. Knowledge is power and there some mighty knowledgeable souls on CAG.