Can I claim for costs due to delay of Landlord to fix leak.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have been unable to use my kitchen sink and washing machine for three weeks now as I have a leak that is causing damage to the downstairs flat. I rent and I am waiting for my landlord to fix the leak but it is taking ages. I have to use a launderette which is costing me money I can't afford. If landlord delays things further am I within my rights to knock off some of my rent from to cover the excess money I am having to pay in launderette fees. Also how long is reasonable to be without a usable kitchen sink? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

At this stage I would not withold any rent to cover increased costs, that can be negotiated with LL when fault finally fixed, along with temp loss of amenities. If the leak is damaging the downstairs flat it must be in LLs interest to repair asap.

What you can do is write (not email) LL giving him 7 days to repair leak otherwise you will get it repaired at own expense and deduct cost from future rent. It may be simple or complicated, depending on where leak is. LL Insurance may be involved.