UKPC Do I have to pay this parking ticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you try and explain to the RK that this falls under civil contract law. The basic principle is that the contract is formed between the PPC and the driver by way of the signs on site. They are pursuing the RK for breach of contract. As the RK was never at that site, he/she has not read the signs, and hence no contract exists. Therefore the RK cannot possibly have breached any contract as they are not a party to it. I know this can be difficult, but please try and explain this to the RK. If they end up paying then they will effectively have been mugged. Failing that, then yes, try sending a letter threatening harassment, although as above I suspect this might have the opposite effect. As a last resort, you COULD write and admit you were the driver. Legally they still wouldn't have a case against you as what they are pursuing is a penalty charge, not a genuine liquidated damages charge as per proper contract law. They still wouldn't take you to court.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you

Letter 4

9fmlax.jpg

I was wondering, in the unlikely event that the Registered-keeper is summoned to court. Is there a way to deal with the case without the RK having to actually appear in court ?Also if it goes to court, will it not look bad that I, or rather the RK have not communicated with this mob at all?

Thanks

in the unlikely event that the Registered-keeper is summoned to court. Is there a way to deal with the case without the RK having to actually appear in court ?

Yes, by paying it.

In the extremely unlikely event that it ever went that way, the choice is to pay and be done with, or contest. You can't not contest (ie not turn up to court) and also not pay - but it won't happen. As they say, they "May" issue county court proceedings - which means exactly the same thing as "may not".

Yes, by paying it.

In the extremely unlikely event that it ever went that way, the choice is to pay and be done with, or contest. You can't not contest (ie not turn up to court) and also not pay - but it won't happen. As they say, they "May" issue county court proceedings - which means exactly the same thing as "may not".

Still speaking in unlikely hypothetical terms..... The RK contest as he was not driving the car, will it not look bad that this fact was not forthcoming earlier? I was driving the car and parked in a children bay with children....

Still speaking in unlikely hypothetical terms..... The RK contest as he was not driving the car, will it not look bad that this fact was not forthcoming earlier? I was driving the car and parked in a children bay with children....

any road marking in a private car park are purely graffitti and have no statute in any law.

matters not

a 'speculative invoice'

is just that

speculative

to see if the can find a mug that will pay

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

So, you're in big, big trouble now, right? They're taking you to court - you've had all the warnings, you owe them all this money and they've reached the end of the line - so.... what they do is.... they offer you a reduction!!!

Feel free to laugh your head off.

• 3 weeks later...

Letter 6

2ldzka9.jpg

Do you think this letter has come from the same office? or has the 'debt' really been sold on??

If so, can i not now just respond and demand they cease writing to the registered keeper as the RK has nothing to do with the alleged offence?

Tony P, i'm trying :-)

Do you think this letter has come from the same office? or has the 'debt' really been sold on??

Where does it say the debt has been sold on? They merely imply that - to scare you some more - what it says is, it has been "transfered to Zenith Collections". I would guess that this means desk 1 has passed it to desk 2 in the same office, who go by the name Zenith Collections. Nothing to worry about.

falling into their cleaver word trap again......

there is NO DEBT, you owe no-one anything.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Where does it say the debt has been sold on?

transferred to Zenith Collections at a discount rate....

I was wondering, having read a reply on another thread from Bankfodder, is it not best to submit a robust reply basically telling them to back-off or face costs as the recipient wasn't even the driver.....

transferred to Zenith Collections at a discount rate....

I was wondering, having read a reply on another thread from Bankfodder, is it not best to submit a robust reply basically telling them to back-off or face costs as the recipient wasn't even the driver.....

I don't know the details of the other thread you've seen, but my reaction is - no. If you can defeat them by ignoring them, that has to be the easiest and best way. If you threaten them with costs they will just laugh.

I don't know the details of the other thread you've seen, but my reaction is - no. If you can defeat them by ignoring them, that has to be the easiest and best way. If you threaten them with costs they will just laugh.

I read it here ... #11

On that thread it looked like a court case was imminent, so of course a defence is needed. Yours isn't going that way - the last thing you had was a reduced payment offer. They are on the verge of giving up. If you write to them, they'll sniff your cash and keep pestering you.