UKPC Do I have to pay this parking ticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Caggers, i received this letter today from 'UKPC' demanding £90 within 14 days to prevent further action. I do not how to respond to them and would very much appreciate any guidance on the issue.

I remember going to that car park, with my 2 year old son and parking in a bay designated for motorists with children. I done the shopping with my child, paid for my stay and drove home. And now this letter??

11vp0m0.jpg

23uwsw9.jpg

Thanks

no!

its a speculative invoice

nowhere does it say fine nor parking ticket

do some reading in this forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What you do is ignore them . It's as simple as that. You have done nothing wrong and you don't owe them a penny. They can only claim for the actual loss suffered by the landowner. Also they can only claim from the driver, who might be the Registered keeper. As long as you don't communicate with them, that piece of information is denied them.

Could post a clear pic of the "prominently" displayed terms_and_conditions. It looks like there was a condition that you display a valid permit. If it was private land, basically, you are in a contract. Sorry to be blunt... There are a whole range of ways to deal with this. How far down the rabbit hole you want to go vs paying 90 quid is a decision only you can make. There are many "beat the ticket" websites out there. With lots of valuable information and end user experiences. But be warned, apply critical thinking to any advice given, a lot will be untested, and you will get resistance and threats at every turn. But that is actually a positive thing. The louder they scream at you, the more you are succeeding. Good luck, post any results back here please...

Edited by slashnburn
  • Sad 1

wrong!!

ignore the last poster

we get all sorts here

and esp those short of xmas bonuses for diddling people

into paying a SPECULATIVE INVOICE

thats made to look like an official parking ticket!

basic idea is:

if the paperwork does not say [EXACTLY AND ONLY THESE THREE WORDS]

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

then its a spoof one designed to diddle people out of money they do not owe.

dx

siteteam

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it was private land, basically, you are in a contract.

So, if there is an allegation that he was in a contract (not that they would know it was him who entered into it - someone else might have been driving) then the legal remedy is to sue for losses caused by the breach. Is that correct? Or can people just invent their own fines?

So, if there is an allegation that he was in a contract (not that they would know it was him who entered into it - someone else might have been driving) then the legal remedy is to sue for losses caused by the breach. Is that correct? Or can people just invent their own fines?

Basically yes,

if you posted a sign on your private house, stating that a certain standard of behavior must be observed,

with a penalty if such a standard is not maintained.

You could also issue a notice for claim of the penalty.

Consent makes the unlawful, lawful.

The statutes state that they can Chase the owner.

So they do...I know that by registering a vehicle you are no longer the owner, thats one Avenue to explore, and on a personal note.

I would tell them to go...... themselves. Buti couldn't advise anyone to do that....

Basically yes, if you posted a sign on your private house, stating that a certain standard of behavior must be observed, with a penalty if such a standard is not maintained. You could also issue a notice for claim of the penalty. Consent makes the unlawful, lawful.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! No private citizen/company can issue a penalty against another.

The statutes state that they can Chase the owner. So they do..

what statute where? Anyway, they wrote to the Registered Keeper, who may or may not be the owner. Anyway, they are supposed to be writing to the driver with whom they allegedly had this "contract".

.I know that by registering a vehicle you are no longer the owner, thats one Avenue to explore,

Aaahhhh!!! we have a FoTL on the loose on CAG again. Call the FoTL police now!!!

and on a personal note. I would tell them to go f#@k themselves. Buti couldn't advise anyone to do that....

Well based on the above post, maybe it's best that you don't advise anyone to do anything on CAG :lol:

Basically yes, if you posted a sign on your private house, stating that a certain standard of behavior must be observed, with a penalty if such a standard is not maintained. You could also issue a notice for claim of the penalty.

No you can't. That's tantamount to acting as judge and jury and fining someone. You can no more fine someone that you can send them to jail.

There's no such authority created by a sign - imagine you put up a sign, "if you tresspass on my land I have the right to shoot and kill you". Does a sign give you rights of punishment? No!

Basically yes, if you posted a sign on your private house, stating that a certain standard of behavior must be observed, with a penalty if such a standard is not maintained. You could also issue a notice for claim of the penalty. Consent makes the unlawful, lawful. The statutes state that they can Chase the owner. So they do...I know that by registering a vehicle you are no longer the owner, thats one Avenue to explore, and on a personal note. I would tell them to go f#@k themselves. Buti couldn't advise anyone to do that....

You have entered into a contract by posting on this thread and your advice is wrong. As such I require you to pay CAG a forum charge of £100 within the next 14 days.

Thanks for your replies, i guess i'll just file the document beside the bog roll then lol. Funny how Slash says the registered keeper has entered into a contract when in fact the recipient of the letter wasn't driving, i was.

What do you think the threatened 'further action' if any, will be? Clearly i would like them to stop pestering the keeper, cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Letter 2

I received this letter yesterday and would like to ask you lovely CAG's if there is anyway i can get them to stop writing to the registered keeper and start writing to ME, the driver? I ask because when these letters arrive it causes a level of tension in the household that i would preferably like to avoid in the future??

Many thanks, wishing you ALL a happy new year :whoo:

9uvy9k.jpg

nope just ride it out

show them the watchdog video on youtube!

dx

and they

Letter 2

I received this letter yesterday and would like to ask you lovely CAG's if there is anyway i can get them to stop writing to the registered keeper and start writing to ME, the driver? I ask because when these letters arrive it causes a level of tension in the household that i would preferably like to avoid in the future??

You could write to them and tell them you were the driver and wish to "sort things out". They will almost certainly start sending their junk mail to you, whereupon you can resume ignoring it.

• 4 weeks later...

Letter 3

Received third letter not to long ago and i now really need to stop them being sent to the registered keeper, and instead start being sent to me,the driver...

Can one of you kind souls please suggest what kind of wording i should use or point me to a template for guidance please? I am not fantastic at writing letters and when the recipient is an organisation threatening me with court, i want to be sure to not say the wrong thing. Thank you

2jbshs4.jpg

The overwhelming advice is to IGNORE.

Looking at this letter you see the 'muddle' they all create to confuse and frighten. First they talk about their Client then it is themselves that are BPA members! I thought the BPA was for Parking Operators not Investigators and Baliff Services - they presumably have their own trade body.

It is a slightly better situation for you (the RK and the Driver) that they do not know who was the Driver.

If you really want to send a letter, you could try -

"It is not a legal obligation for a Registered Keeper to advise anyone who was the Driver of a vehicle other than the Police or a Local Authority.

Therefore please ensure both your Client and yourselves cease sending letters forthwith.

Further letters on the subject will be considered as harrassment and acted upon accordingly."

This may work but I think any response will only encourage them into thinking you are weakening and by increasing pressure they can finally extort the money from you.

Totaly agree with the above. I know its worying and intemidating to be receiving these types of letters but thats exactly why they are designed and worded as such. If it makes you feel any better Just be aware that any responce will immediatly mean that you are transfered to the pile of paperwork labeled 'Ohh now we've got their Attention, time to write even more intimidating and threatening and scary letters'I.E. No responce = over sooner.