style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are acting in a criminal and fraudulent manner, but nothing is ever done. Glad you have them bang to rights and the charges were cancelled. Why should you pay for council muppetry?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Chandlers sent a bill or 42.50. I emailed to tell them I could prove these did not take place; they now claim the 42.50 is for two visits in January and March, neither of which happened, no notice was left, nothing.

I have written to the council regarding the more recent phantom visits, and wrote to Chandlers to say these other visits also did not take place.

Crooks.

just got of the phone.

the bailiff is certified as from 12-09-11 and his current employement from the date his cert started and still as of today is with a company called phillips bailiffs (something like that) not chandlers.

he got his certification from southend court so maybe someone can shed some light on what bailiffs it is that he's really working for.

whats my next step?

aha, yes, one of the bailiffs mentioned by Chandlers is registered to Southend and working for Philipps, I assumed it was a made up name.

http://www.chandlers-bailiffs.co.uk/current_news_story.htm

According to this, Chandlers know exactly where and when their bailiffs are at all times :) should be no problem giving me the lowdown on the visits they are charging for, then.

Edit: they have come back with times; looking at my records, one of these was again a phantom visit where a notice was ut through the wrong door. The other I have no idea about.

Re the PHilips bailiff, they confirm the court's records where not updated, should I complain to court about this?

Edited by billsters

Who has confirmed the records were not updated, the Court or Chandlers?

Chandlers confirmed it ...

I don't doubt the vehicles were there, but they made no attempt to contact me and on three occasions out of four, my neighbour can confirm having to pass the notices on to me, as they'd been put through the wrong door. Of the fourth, I have no record, notice and no recollection, but I would have been at home at the time of the alleged visit.

Got email this morning withdrawing the 42.50 charge, with attached printout showing one bailiff was at the address, but again this was phantom visit; also confirming that Mr X has worked for them since October despite being registered elsewhere.

Unable to copy and paste but I will forward to interested parties e.g board admin and bailiff hunters for the record, if you PM me email.

I've had no reply from the CT office regarding my complaint about their miscommunication to bailiffs - they didn't inform Chandlers of my early April payment until I called them in June. Letter to CeO, any templates available? Sorry if it seems I'm being lazy, I got it sorted (although not happy about the 78 quid charge) and now would like to get the best result for ALL of us, i.e. action against bailiffs, chastening of incompetent Council dept., so the most effective letter wold be helpful, cheers.

Best action is against the council, as they are wholly liable both jointly and severally for and with their agent Chandlers, the buck stops with the council, so that is who you attack imho, as they are usually ignorant and clueless as to their ultimate responsibility, and own criminality by proxy of any naughtiness by their agents.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes, I just wondered if I could do anything other than moan at them. Can I demand compensation, or an apology? I am going to find out exactly when the 78 quid charge was applied and see if that was justified ...I could actually let this go but I would like to strike a blow so they don't get away with it and carry on, so any guidance on most effective way would be welcome.

• 2 months later...

Wonder of wonders - the Council have finally admitted their error, apologised and asked me how I would like to rectify things :-o

I would be satisfied with a small payment to compensate for my time and distress - I thought £200, as that's roughly the amount they should have paid me in benefit (another issue, they didn't pay as I didn't make my claim in time) but don't want to confuse matters by linking the two, nor to appear greedy; and don't know if they're likely to pay anyway? Any thoughts?

Meanwhile, while sorting through paperwork, I found a receipt for paying them (Chand...) a sum of £600 in 2006; obviously I'd defaulted on my CT and just paid without question, but I am going to request a breakdown of charges now.

Thanks

Chandlers reckon they can't find my account from 2007; it was Nov and they are obliged to keep accounts as a limited company for 5 years. They have the amount paid, date, reference from the credit card bill and all my details (name, address, CT ref) from this year, but they "can't find the account"?

Wonder of wonders - the Council have finally admitted their error, apologised and asked me how I would like to rectify things :-o

I would be satisfied with a small payment to compensate for my time and distress - I thought £200, as that's roughly the amount they should have paid me in benefit (another issue, they didn't pay as I didn't make my claim in time) but don't want to confuse matters by linking the two, nor to appear greedy; and don't know if they're likely to pay anyway? Any thoughts?

Meanwhile, while sorting through paperwork, I found a receipt for paying them (Chand...) a sum of £600 in 2006; obviously I'd defaulted on my CT and just paid without question, but I am going to request a breakdown of charges now.

Thanks

Looks like some one has been nipping at the councils ankles for answers, bet they didnt have them so had to admit that they made a mistake.

I can imagine that they have been reading this thread as well and possibly learned a thing or two.

Make sure you let your MP know. Also when you have got this done and dusted, I would then give the story to the press.

This would not be the first time the council and bailiffs have done this kind of thing and it wont be the last unless you go public on this.