CapQuest resigned on account but keep processing my data

vuk1958
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This relates to debt from 2005 with Halifax. I was battling with them for 8 months in reference to Credit Agreement which they failed to produce. In 2006 they sold account to Blair Oliver &Scott. I disputed that transfer but was told by Halifax ( letter confirmation) that they do not own account anymore and all corespondence should be addressed to BO&Scott.

I disputed BO&Scott their rights to handle this alleged debt and they simply vanish with no trace.

In 2008, out of the blue CrapQuest appears as " legitimate owner" of the debt and they tried together with their "legal guns" HL Legal Solicitors to claim debt. I disputed their rights to debt and after two months they send me letter confirming that they are " closing the account on their system".

However, when i checked my Experian file I noticed that they kept processing my data together with Default filed under their name with false amount and wrong date.

When I wrote to them thay simply sent unsigned and undated notice stating - contact original creditor. The question is - who owns it now. Halifax or BO&Scott or CapQuest. What is my next step - FOB, OFT or Courts. I find all organisations, appart from Court, fairly impotent and slow.

I cant see they would have sold/assigned the account to Blair Oliver Scott as they are in house DCA for Halifax. So you were being misled by Halifax

Anyway, as it was then apparently sold/assigned to CapQuest, it is a moot point.

Did CapQuest advise the account had been closed on their books in writing ? If so, you should contact them and ask them to resolve the problem regarding the information being recorded on your CR files.

If it were me, I would be writing to them , letting them know this is an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT. Head your letter as such. They are then obliged to respond within 8 weeks. Whereas a general letter will have no time scale. If they dont resolve the problem for you within the 8 weeks.. then the FOS will look at your complaint. Meanwhile, you should be making a complaint to the OFT in respect of both Halifax/Blair Oliver Scott and CapQuest.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have written confirmation by CapQuest stating: We were not aware of any existing query when account was passed to us, therefore we are closing the account on our system. This is in 2008.

As previously, I do not know whether BO&Scott had control or not but Halifax stated in their letter from 2006 that " they do not have any control over the debt management" and all communication should be addressed to BO&Scott.

This is all confusing as it is unclear who sold debt to CapQuest???

Naturally, i wrote two letters to CapQuest - Recorded Delivery, second letter written as Letter befor the Claim, asking for information to deeds of assingement, default notice copy, agreement copy etc. They repplied with the sticker-not a letter, stating - Contact original creditor.

I am not interested in original creditor as CapQuest is processing my data with no control over account.

However, who to contact now. I called OFT and they state - we do not deal with individual complaints talk to Trading Standards or FOS. I did, absolutely no help there. Yes, there might be regulations and Law but very difficult to enforce it.

And, I contacted Experian - that is absolute joke. TRhey state that CapQuest is trusted source and they cannot do anything but would forward " request for information". I asked whether they would ask for default copy, agrement etc. No, they stated, we would take their statement. CRAZY, so they can state whatever they want and because they are " trusted" information stays with or without proof.