Jump to content

Cheryl -v- HSBC Please Help what else can i claim for just overdraft charges???

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5235 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi am new to this, could anyone advise me what i can claim for? I have had many charges from HSBC over a period of 6 years. I have today telephoned HSBC who said they will forward all my statements to me.


What steps do i take next?


Which HSBC branch shall i write to?


Which letter shall i use as they will already be sending my statements out?


What spreadsheet is best to use to make my calculations?


Sorry for all the questions i just having one of those days :confused:


How can i keep a log on this site what stages am at with my claim i have read other questions and they have at the bottom for example:-


hsbc send LBA £200.20


How can i keep a record?


I would be really greatful if you could please help me once i receive payment i will make a donation to this site :)

Link to post
Share on other sites



The questions you are asking are fairly basic questions which are covered in the FAQs. I suggest you have a good thorough read through the FAQs including the step-by-step guide and then it will become clear exactly what you need to do.


Good luck.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya thank you for your reply ive spent most of the day trying to find the right advice my eyes are going cross eyed lol :)


Have you got a link where i can go to am just worried am going to cock up my claim.


Thank you again for your swift reply :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Cheryl


If you go to the following links they should give the info that you need


http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html - Tells you what you can and cannot claim for.




This is where I sent my letters to - whereever you send it the onus is on HSBC to forward it to the relevant department not yours.


Colin Langdale

Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre,

Milshaw Park Lane,


Ls11 Opp


Once you know all your charges your next step is to send your pleliminary letter, I would include the paragragh from the SAR letter regarding manual intervention and incooperate it into the Ple letter. Also include a breakdown of your charges, I would state in all your letters if you want payment by cheque.


The inital spreadsheet you should use is the simple one (english - if you are english!), just list out all your charges, hide the column relaing to the 8% interest this can only be claimed if you file against them.



Hope this is of help - have fun!!




  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...