Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi im just vlooking for some guidance and info

my son was blown from a ladder at work due to weather conditions, due to this he was taken to hospital , one of his collegues accompanid him, his findings were a crackrd rib, which has now put him out of action full stop

the thing was he was working alone when he shouldnt have been health and saftey rules. he will be off work now only to be recieving esa benefit of 60 something pound per wk

he cannot manage off this money , and its not his fault this happened to him, he was giver a job to do so he just carried on

please could you advise as to what he could do , or his boss could do here to help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there. I'm sorry to hear about your son.


I hope some other caggers will turn up later, but I think there are a few things you could look at. Was the accident properly reported, do you know?


What reason have the firm given for not paying your son please? I wonder if his boss has looked at their sick pay scheme if they have one.


You might also want to look at the HSE website for information and maybe ring their helpline as well.


If you don't get anywhere, you could be looking at a Personal Injury claim, which other people on here should know about.


My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum




Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitley a Personal Injury claim against the employer... loads of reasons but all you need to know is get to a lawyer to start proceedings.


How long is he likely to be off work?

Link to post
Share on other sites



Also try to see if the company has the following:


1. Ladder Policy.

2. Working at Height Policy.

3. Health and Safety Policy.

4. Lone Working Policy.


The Accident should also be recorded in the companies 'Accident Report Book'.


Also this info may be of help:


Employer's Responsibility - Accident Books The new accident report book complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 that says personal details entered in accident books must be kept confidential. The new accident report books are designed to facilitate removal and storage of personal information to ensure confidentiality. Earlier editions of accident books may not have this facility. All businesses need to be able to report accidents and an accident book is one of the best ways to comply. Employers must keep a record of all injuries that happen on your premises, or to employees working elsewhere on their behalf.


An accident book must be kept in an easily accessible place. However all reports need to be kept in safe storage (e.g. in a lockable filing cabinet). Accident Book records must be stored in a safe place for 3 years.


Employer's Responsibility - RIDDOR reporting As well as keeping records in the accident book, the law says you must notify and report some injuries and deaths arising from accidents at work under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR). This reporting must be done within specific times. Guidelines are set out at the back of the new accident book.


Employee's Responsibility When you are injured at work, the law says you have to tell your employer as soon as you can. You can do this by writing about your accident in this book yourself or asking someone else to do so on your behalf. Details are set out in the front of the new accident report book.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...