What to do

mr_angry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks to the this website I have managed to get to a stage where First Direct (I will refer to as FD in this email) has made me an offer of £680 instead of the £888.79 including interest the was calculated from the statments that they sent me. The offer has come in after the intial 14 day deadline. This means that I have since sent the final letter before starting the court action.

One thing that really ****ed me off is that I went through all of the statments to calculate the amount of charges that I had been charged because FD said they could not do this. In the without prejudice letter they have stated that my calculations are incorrect and that the £876.50 should only be £836.50. FD have not offered a breakdown to show where the calculation error is.

Please can I have some advice on this. My thoughts are if they were confident that they were right they wouldn't of offered anything. Also the statment about court costs seems very strange as well. Mr Angry

See letter below:

fd.jpg

I cant give legal advice, but why suddenly can they work out the charges when they were unable to do so in the first place?

You are on the right way, and if you stick to your timescale and the advice given, you can't go wrong.

Go on, get them!

If they want to go to the Financial Ombudsman, help them! They wont shoot themself in the foot!

Thanks.

You have just confirmed what I had thought. I spoke to them on a number of occasions and ask for a breakdown of the costs. They said that this wasn't available but they would provide the statment. I used all the tool the forum supplies and have now got to this stage. I the final demand and this letter had crossed in the post. They have said I have 10 days to reply but I have already sent the final demand. Does this mean I don't need to reply to this letter and just let the process pan out. Will they say they had offerd an amount and I had not responded so I will lose the case in court for not reponding??

Mr Angry