• Tweets

• Hello CAG Team, I'm adding the contents of the claim to this thread, but wanted to open the thread with an urgent question: Do I have to supply a WS for a claim with a court date that states " at the hearing the court will consider allocation and, time permitting, give an early neutral evaluation of the case" ? letter is an N24 General Form of Judgement or Order, if so, then I've messed up again. Court date 25 May 2024 The letter from court does not state (like the other claims I have) that I must provide WS within 28 days.. BUT I have recently received a WS from Link for it! making me think I do need to!??
    • Massive issues from Scottish Power I wonder if someone could advise next steps. Tennant moved out I changed the electric into my name I was out the country at the time so I hadn't been to the flat. During sign up process they tried to hijack my gas supply as well which I made it clear I didn't want duel fuel from them but they still went ahead with it. Phoned them up again. a few days later telling them to make sure they stopped it but they said too late ? had to get my current supplier to cancel it. Paid £50 online to ensure there was money covering standing charges etc eventually got to the flat no power. Phoned Scottish Power 40 minutes to get through they state I have a pay as you go meter and that they had set me up on a credit account so they need to send an engineer out which they will pass my details onto. Phone called from engineer asking questions , found out the float is vacant so not an emergency so I have to speak to Scottish Power again. Spoke with the original person from Scottish Power who admitted a mistake (I had told her it was vacant) and now states that it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment but if I want to raise a complaint they will contact me in 48 hours and it will be looked at quicker. Raised a complaint , complaints emailed me within 24 hours to say it will take 7 days till he speaks with me. All I want is power in the property would I be better switching over to EON who supply the gas surely they could sort it out quicker? One thing is for sure I will never bother with Scottish Power ever again.    
    • Hi. Please don't follow McD's advice to contact Met to appeal. They won't listen and you could end up giving them helpful information. HB
    • The UK-based mining giant Anglo American says it has received a takeover proposal from Australia's BHP.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sky TV direct debit problems and poor cusotmer relations

BCotton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There seems to be a pattern with sky tv, having read other threads on this forum. Overcharging without consent using direct debit , very poor customer relations, and extra 'charges' for unspecified services. Here in brief is my story.

I was written to about an alleged 'failure to connect' a second sky tv box to a phone line, even though the phone line was connected. Sky helped themselves to a 'fine' of 44 Euro by direct debit despite this, and did so for the next six months even though I phoned ten times, emailed three and even had a sky engineer out to check the box. Finally, having given notice, I cancelled the direct debit but asked to pay by standing order instead. Sky disconnected the service instead and are now chasing me for 100 Euro (for what they dont say) which they claim I owe, and referred this so called 'debt' immediately to a debt collector without any notification to me, who harrassed me for it by phone. No sign of the 200 Euro Sky now owe me.

My attempts both to resolve the issue and get a refund met the same fate. One after another sky operators said they couldnt resolve this by phone, insisted I had to write to them but refused to give me an address to write to. They didnt know who was in charge or have an address to write to. Finally I found the email address of a customer services manager, who referred it to someone who emailed me with no resolution but a phone number to ring. It was the same switchboard number again. A consumer group gave me an address to write to -sent two weeks ago and no reply.

I am taking legal advice but do others have similar stories or advice?

Hello and Welcome, BCotton.

I take it your not in the UK.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for the welcome - no I am in the republic of ireland, but thought this would be a good place to look for info and help re sky who are located in the uk - all telephone calls and letters are addressed to sky uk hq. Is it ok to be on this thread?

Hi,

Yes, I'm glad you've visited the site looking for advice, one of our Mods IdaInFife is well clued up on Sky, I'll ask her to look in when she's next on-line.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

For multiroom - if the 'callbacks' are not received by sky from all your boxes then they are entitled to charge you full price for each box - no matter what the acutal fault is unfotunatkey the customer is still liable until it is resolved. When they send you out a bill it is broken down on each bill what the bill is for so you should be able to determine what the 100E is for.

If you cancel your direct debit and fail to make you next payment on or before the due date then they will block your services.

They will only revert back to the discounted multiroom price once you have resolved the issue.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Ida

Thanks very much for the reply but I am amazed at it. Do you work for sky by any chance? How can Sky be entitled to 'charge' for a fault that exists with their own equipment. Each time I phoned they claimed that it had been fixed but then charged again - even after their own engineer visited to 'fix' the box. Can that be reasonable practice? - it is not as if Sky incurred any costs - it was an unreasonable profit for no additional service provided.

Amazingly, when I rang to cancel the service finally I disconnected the boxes and telephone line completely before ringing sky to tell them. They insisted on 'running a check on the line' again and tried to persuade me that the phone line was now registered as fully connnected again and the problem was fixed! - I was then reassured for the sixth time that all was well and I would not be overcharged again. How can sky be trusted in those circumstances? Are you going to tell me that's all ok too?

RE direct debit, I thought that companies could not insist on dd as a sole means of payment? I requested forms for a standing order before the bill was due and service was discontinued.

The new bill gives no explanation or reason for the the 100 euro. Another feature that I had no time to add above was that this 'bill' arrived by post in November after I wrote to sky to complain, but the letter in the envelope notifying me of it was peculiarly dated September. The very next day a debt collector rang chasing the 'bill' and claimed that I had been notified of it months earlier. Thankfully when I explained the circumstances to them they agreed to drop it and to email sky themselves to say that no reasonable notice or reason for the 'debt' had been given.

And how do you explain the practice of failing to give an address or a name or a contact, but insisting that only written complaints will be responded to? Then failing to respond to those written requests other than to send a letter inviting you to telephone the very same phone number again. Is that also normal and reasonable practice?

It is not their own equipment - it is yours.

A 'callback' can be recevied at any time but if it not received when the system requests it that is what causes the problem.

You should be charged the full price for each viewing card but you get a discount for multiroom if the boxes are correctly calling the sytem back.

I am afraid they told you this when you wanted to cancel as the agent did not want you to cancel - obviously they are in a department to try and keep customers and sky should be taking this on board and dealing with it.

Companies can insist as long as it's in their terms and conditions.

I cannot explain it as any sky agent should give you this info. and they should be dealing with any complaints over the phone but they are going to tell you that you are not going to get a refund and you will not be happy with that just as much you are not happy with my response as it is not what you want to hear.

What address did you write too?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Also if you want i can try and help you resolve the issue

It is not their own equipment - it is yours.

A 'callback' can be recevied at any time but if it not received when the system requests it that is what causes the problem.

You should be charged the full price for each viewing card but you get a discount for multiroom if the boxes are correctly calling the sytem back.

I am afraid they told you this when you wanted to cancel as the agent did not want you to cancel - obviously they are in a department to try and keep customers and sky should be taking this on board and dealing with it.

Companies can insist as long as it's in their terms and conditions.

I cannot explain it as any sky agent should give you this info. and they should be dealing with any complaints over the phone but they are going to tell you that you are not going to get a refund and you will not be happy with that just as much you are not happy with my response as it is not what you want to hear.

What address did you write too?

Hi Ida

Thank you again for your reply. Your version of how sky should have responded has unfortunately nothing to do with the facts of the situation. You seem to be going to some trouble to excuse what can't be excused. Yet you don't actually answer my questions. I am assuming you do work for sky.

Yes, any sky agent should have given me basic customer complaint info but in fact all eight that I asked over a period of several months refused to give it, including a 'manager'. One of your sky agents even told me that he couldnt help me further because I wasnt 'angry enough'. He said:

'we get some very angry people calling in and then we can pass them to customer service, but until then I am not able to'.

I finally got the address from a consumer rights organisation. My subsequent letter was received because I also emailed it and received an acknowledgement of receipt, but still no reply.

You are going a long way to defend what seems to be appalling practice. Why for example would a sky agent make up a story about the line being connected to keep me as a customer when the company had already cancelled the service itself? At the same time she was actually very rude to me.

I notice elsewhere on this site that others have had problems with a failure to respond to letters by sky, and trouble with additional direct debit charges and with refunds.

I am not defending or trying to make excuses for them - i am just stating the status' or facts.

Everyone's complaint or issue should be dealt with first time an if a manager is not available then they should be calling you back. Hopefully you will get a response soon normally email is within a couple of days or they can take up tp 2 days for a lettered response.

I am not defending or trying to make excuses for them - i am just stating the status' or facts.

Everyone's complaint or issue should be dealt with first time an if a manager is not available then they should be calling you back. Hopefully you will get a response soon normally email is within a couple of days or they can take up tp 2 days for a lettered response.

You are not stating the 'facts' but an imaginary world of customer service which from my experience of sky , and that of others on this site, does not exist. So far Sky has failed to call me back, had nearly three weeks to answer my letter and several emails dating back a month have gone unanswered, so 0 out of ten so far for Sky.

Meanwhile we asked UPC to set up a service but sadly the signal is poor where we are because of trees so a few channels were not good. Pity. because they were a joy to deal with. Prompt, efficent and pleasant. Once it was decided that the service wasn't up to scratch they arranged to collect their equipment and give a full refund. Cheque arrived in the post this morning. The polar opposite of Sky who seem simply to be brazening it out.

Hi BCotton

I am an ex sky employee. What Ida says is correct insomuch as if they do a ringback to the multi-room box and it's not connected to a phone line then they will charge you the amount of the total package as effectively you have 2 sky boxes and are viewing 2 packages. The Box could be anywhere. I hope you understand what I am saying. This was brought about because people were taking multiroom and giving the extra box to their families in other homes to watch as they had the viewing card and a sky connection. This is in their terms and conditions but what you have experienced is not unusual customer service and Sky is doing their very best to try and make every customer's experience a good one. In a competetive market place they can't afford to lose customers.

If you want to complain then go to Sky.com and in the bottom right hand corner you will see "contact us". There is a section on there that deals with complaints. There is an email which goes directly to customer relations department and they will deal directly with your complaint. If the box or phone line has been faulty from the start then that is not your fault.

At the moment Sky employs some outsource companies and this is being dealt with by bringing in more staff employed directly by Sky. Some of the employees of sky however leave a lot to be desired and I had to, on more than one occasion, cancel a customer's subscription when it was supposed to be cancelled. Hopefully this is now being dealt with too.

There is also a link to a direct email for the CEO somewhere on this forum. Have a look for that and perhaps contact him directly. He will be very upset that this has happened and you have received such poor customer service.

You should have received better customer service than you have and I am sure those who are trying very hard to stop this type of behaviour by their employees will be saddened that this has happened. I'm afraid that they do their best and have the best of intentions to give excellent customer service but sometimes it falls down.

I wish you all the best and I would include that you have been contacted by debt collectors for a debt that you don't owe. You want your tv turned back on again, any debt wiped out and compensation for the trouble and distress this has caused you.

Sky are a good company....honestly! They are just trying to separate the wheat from the chaff at the moment re bad customer service.

Good luck.

Gemspan

Hi BCotton

I am an ex sky employee. What Ida says is correct insomuch as if they do a ringback to the multi-room box and it's not connected to a phone line then they will charge you the amount of the total package as effectively you have 2 sky boxes and are viewing 2 packages. The Box could be anywhere. I hope you understand what I am saying. This was brought about because people were taking multiroom and giving the extra box to their families in other homes to watch as they had the viewing card and a sky connection. This is in their terms and conditions but what you have experienced is not unusual customer service and Sky is doing their very best to try and make every customer's experience a good one. In a competetive market place they can't afford to lose customers.

If you want to complain then go to Sky.com and in the bottom right hand corner you will see "contact us". There is a section on there that deals with complaints. There is an email which goes directly to customer relations department and they will deal directly with your complaint. If the box or phone line has been faulty from the start then that is not your fault.

At the moment Sky employs some outsource companies and this is being dealt with by bringing in more staff employed directly by Sky. Some of the employees of sky however leave a lot to be desired and I had to, on more than one occasion, cancel a customer's subscription when it was supposed to be cancelled. Hopefully this is now being dealt with too.

There is also a link to a direct email for the CEO somewhere on this forum. Have a look for that and perhaps contact him directly. He will be very upset that this has happened and you have received such poor customer service.

You should have received better customer service than you have and I am sure those who are trying very hard to stop this type of behaviour by their employees will be saddened that this has happened. I'm afraid that they do their best and have the best of intentions to give excellent customer service but sometimes it falls down.

I wish you all the best and I would include that you have been contacted by debt collectors for a debt that you don't owe. You want your tv turned back on again, any debt wiped out and compensation for the trouble and distress this has caused you.

Sky are a good company....honestly! They are just trying to separate the wheat from the chaff at the moment re bad customer service.

Good luck.

Gemspan

Dear Gemspan,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my thread. As you say, the level of customer service consistently fell well below what is reasonable, but I think it unlikely that in my dozen or so phone calls and letters to sky I was unlucky enough to be speaking to the few bad apples. The response from all of them had the same elements: refusal to give an addess to write to or knowledge of where sky customer services could be contacted, refusal to resolve the issue but professed inability to pass me to someone who could, and repeated promises that the problem was now fixed and/or to give a refund that didnt come.

The multi-room 'discount' is, as you say, not applied if the box is not connected to the telephone line. That's the point. It was connected, and sky checked and confirmed it was connected many times - they even confirmed it was connected when I had finally given up and switched the whole sytem off and put the box away. They also sent an engineer to check the box and he traced the problem to the sky box. Despite all of this sky continued, as I have written above, to charge 44 Euro per month while telling me each time that they wouldnt charge again. How is anybody to trust or work with an organisation that does that?

I came to two conclusions: they really don't want customers, or they benefit from overcharging and refusing to give refunds.

Thank you for the email addresses to contact sky, including that of the CEO. I have already written to both of them including the CEO using the address on this forum, and still not received an answer to my query.

I emailed him a week ago. Perhaps he is still too upset to repond?

Is the multi-room business with charges etc to avoid sky being ripped off by the situation for example someone having sky in their home, and then using the multiroom box say for example in their caravan whilst working in England?:|

I came to two conclusions: they really don't want customers, or they benefit from overcharging and refusing to give refunds.

or both?

Edited by kurvaface

Is the multi-room business with charges etc to avoid sky being ripped off by the situation for example someone having sky in their home, and then using the multiroom box say for example in their caravan whilst working in England?:|

or both?

NOt sure what that has to do with sky charging for something that they knew wasn't the case - their own engineer visited in July and checked the situtaion, noted that it was the sky equipment that was at fault, and yet I was not reimbursed for the overcharging so far - in fact I was overcharged again that month, and again in August and September. Sky surely cannnot have the right to make up fines and charges and help themselves to money through the direct debit scheme to which they are not entitled because of a hypothetical possibility which they had already satisfied themselves was not the case?

I can't give you impartial advice on sky because I hate them.

Their mistake with me was they sarted telling lies before their kit was installed in my house. Luckily with knowledge gleened from CAG I managed to spot them and cancel before they got their septic claws into me.

Thanks for your replies. :-D Im' not surprised to hear what you say. I've also read a number of the threads on CAG about sky and knowing what I do now I would certainly advise anyone to steer well clear of them.

As I've said before I'm an EX Sky employee and I find it completely unacceptable that customers are being treated in this way. I have worked more or less all my adult life in customer services/public relations and I was appalled at the way some of the staff spoke to customers. Sometimes in all industries employees seem to forget that it is the customers that pay their wages.

It may be no consolation but I had a bad problem when I had Sky TV installed for my parents. I had Sky tv, phone and broadband ordered online. I ordered it correctly and yet when the TV package was installed they installed the wrong package and I had to phone to have the correct one applied. The broadband and phone order never went through and we spent many hours on the phone trying to find out why! It is still not installed!

The worst was that despite the fact I set up a direct debit instruction for them online this didn't reach them either - apparently. My parents received another direct debit instruction, completed it on the Wednesday and their Sky was turned off on the Thursday. I contacted them on no less than 7 occasions, they sent an engineer out - nothing wrong.....and eventually it was discovered that somebody had switched it off because there was no DD in place. I can well understand the frustration you are going through. The people at the top want us all to "believe in better" but until they do a complete clear out of the incompetents this is never going to happen. I got one person who could hardly speak English......

There are some fantastic people that work at Sky and, to be honest, I don't know how the incompetents get in there. The interview process is like being interviewed for the CEO position. I know the frustration you are feeling because I've been there myself and had to deal with it for my elderly parents.

Have you tried getting in touch with your bank and redeeming the payments through the direct debit guarantee. Also, if the engineer came around and found that there was a fault with the box he should have left you a new one. He should not have left your home without your equipment working properly.

I don't know what else to suggest but perhaps the best way to do this is through your bank or ask them why, if the equipment was faulty, did they not provide you with equipment that was working properly?

the thing is the product is very good but it's the complete incompetence of some of their staff that let them down. I was lucky, I worked with a team that were very customer focussed but when I was training I listened to some that, quite frankly, I would have reported as verging on abusive.

I would send another email to the address for customer relations saying that if you do not receive a satisfactory resolution to this mess then you will be taking legal advice. All costs will be borne by Sky as they have not fulfilled their part of the contract. Did you have to pay for the engineer's visit btw?

Gemspan

Figured I'd chuck this on in case nobody else had. Lifted from the sky website skyDOTcom/helpcentre/complaints-code/

"You can contact us by email, choose one of the options below. You’ll need to sign in using your Sky iD. Don’t worry if you have forgotten your Sky iD or password, follow the ‘Forgotten your username or password’ links on the page. By using your My Sky account we will be able to see what products you have and your account details.

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address:

Customer Complaint, Sky Subscriber Services Ltd, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD

You can also contact us by telephone on 08442 411 653 in the UK or 0818 719 819 in the Republic of Ireland. Our advisors are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Direct email submission is available at this web address.

But CLI charges are in most cases a complete pain in the back side. When did you initially contest the CLI's on what occasions were you advised the problem had been resolved. From the point that you were told it was sorted then you can't be reasonably expected to remedy the problem that apparently didn't exist. All this will be documented in your contact history on sky's systems and if you make a request in either the email or written complaints you can have the calls listened to to back up the fact you were informed it was ok. If that happens then I can't see an exec complaint yielding any other result than a refund.

However if it turns out that you were not told it was sorted and that you either misunderstood or ignored advice given to you then the CLI charges will stick under the terms agreed with the multiroom subscription.

• 3 weeks later...
As I've said before I'm an EX Sky employee and I find it completely unacceptable that customers are being treated in this way. I have worked more or less all my adult life in customer services/public relations and I was appalled at the way some of the staff spoke to customers. Sometimes in all industries employees seem to forget that it is the customers that pay their wages.

It may be no consolation but I had a bad problem when I had Sky TV installed for my parents. I had Sky tv, phone and broadband ordered online. I ordered it correctly and yet when the TV package was installed they installed the wrong package and I had to phone to have the correct one applied. The broadband and phone order never went through and we spent many hours on the phone trying to find out why! It is still not installed!

The worst was that despite the fact I set up a direct debit instruction for them online this didn't reach them either - apparently. My parents received another direct debit instruction, completed it on the Wednesday and their Sky was turned off on the Thursday. I contacted them on no less than 7 occasions, they sent an engineer out - nothing wrong.....and eventually it was discovered that somebody had switched it off because there was no DD in place. I can well understand the frustration you are going through. The people at the top want us all to "believe in better" but until they do a complete clear out of the incompetents this is never going to happen. I got one person who could hardly speak English......

There are some fantastic people that work at Sky and, to be honest, I don't know how the incompetents get in there. The interview process is like being interviewed for the CEO position. I know the frustration you are feeling because I've been there myself and had to deal with it for my elderly parents.

Have you tried getting in touch with your bank and redeeming the payments through the direct debit guarantee. Also, if the engineer came around and found that there was a fault with the box he should have left you a new one. He should not have left your home without your equipment working properly.

I don't know what else to suggest but perhaps the best way to do this is through your bank or ask them why, if the equipment was faulty, did they not provide you with equipment that was working properly?

the thing is the product is very good but it's the complete incompetence of some of their staff that let them down. I was lucky, I worked with a team that were very customer focussed but when I was training I listened to some that, quite frankly, I would have reported as verging on abusive.

I would send another email to the address for customer relations saying that if you do not receive a satisfactory resolution to this mess then you will be taking legal advice. All costs will be borne by Sky as they have not fulfilled their part of the contract. Did you have to pay for the engineer's visit btw?

Gemspan

Thanks Gemspan for your reply and good wishes I have been offline since you last emailed , but suffice to say still no reply from Sky - I have been offered legal advice but need to travel to get it so no news just yet.

Re engineers visit- Sky were going to charge for the visit but I said that I would rather cancel the service than pay for a check up I did not want or need (the engineer was fixing their feedback system). The next day they rang to say they would pay for the engineer after all, so we went ahead on that basis.

Re staffing, while Im sure many nice people work for Sky, the response I have had has been so consistent across all ranks of the company that the only logical conclusion is that it is company policy to treat customers like this, and especially to keep their money at all costs, however wrongly gained. The staff I spoke to certainly kept to a very consistent script - it wasn't lack of training that showed - in fact the opposite.

My conclusion and strong advice to anyone is not to have anything to do wth Sky, and certainly never to take out a direct debit to pay them. On a positive note, we enjoyed Christmas without being entertained by Sky tv - getting along just fine without them, and able to spend a fraction of the 80 euro per month we used to pay them on buying dvd sets and renting films.

Best wishes

Bev

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with gemspan (I don't work for or have never worked for Sky) I am beginning to think its who you get to speak to. I changed to Sky over 2 years ago and have to say they have been brilliant to me. After being made redundant last April, i was initially going to cancel only because i was trying to reduce as many DD's as possible after losing my job.(panicking about my finances)

I spoke to a lovely lady who immediately suggested that they could reduce my monthly payments for a period of 6 months as i had been a "loyal customer".

I have had the misfortune to have been made redundant twice in under a year and when it happened the second time i called again and spoke to a manager who helped me as much as he possibly could, was very friendly and very professional.

I think as long as they know what is going on and you are upfront with them they will do all they can to help, obviously they do not want to lose any customers.

I am shocked to hear this after all the pleasant experiences and help i have encountered with them and i am sure the staff i have spoken to personally would be absolutely mortified to hear what you have been going through. Unfortunately i think it is as gemspan put it they are trying to separate the wheat from the chaff as our experiences are so many miles apart its hard to believe we are talking about the same company.

Good luck with all of it. Please keep me informed as to your progress.

I had lots of problems with sky and eventually got speaking by email to the Executive Support Team [email protected] I eventually got everything sorted and £200 cheque in the post as compensation. Id send an email to them, as it definately worked for me after months of trouble with call centres around the world !!!

I have to agree with gemspan (I don't work for or have never worked for Sky) I am beginning to think its who you get to speak to. I changed to Sky over 2 years ago and have to say they have been brilliant to me. After being made redundant last April, i was initially going to cancel only because i was trying to reduce as many DD's as possible after losing my job.(panicking about my finances)

I spoke to a lovely lady who immediately suggested that they could reduce my monthly payments for a period of 6 months as i had been a "loyal customer".

I have had the misfortune to have been made redundant twice in under a year and when it happened the second time i called again and spoke to a manager who helped me as much as he possibly could, was very friendly and very professional.

I think as long as they know what is going on and you are upfront with them they will do all they can to help, obviously they do not want to lose any customers.

I am shocked to hear this after all the pleasant experiences and help i have encountered with them and i am sure the staff i have spoken to personally would be absolutely mortified to hear what you have been going through. Unfortunately i think it is as gemspan put it they are trying to separate the wheat from the chaff as our experiences are so many miles apart its hard to believe we are talking about the same company.

Good luck with all of it. Please keep me informed as to your progress.

Thanks for your good wishes. Any organisation is going to have some naturally helpful and kind people working for it , and its great that you managed to find two of them. I am also sure that many of the people I spoke to are nice kind people too, but I can only judge by results. Only one of the ten I spoke to were willing or able to help me, and that turned out not to be what was promised. And now I have been ignored twice each by the customer services manager and by the CEO himself. I have no way of knowing if either of them are 'lovely people' or not - they haven't replied to me at all- not a good sign.

NOt sure what you mean by it will all be ok 'if you are upfront'. When sky helps itself to money it is not entitled to 'upfront' through misuse of a direct debit, it can only be matter of ringing after the fact to get redress. So far multiple failures by sky.

Thanks for your good wishes. Any organisation is going to have some naturally helpful and kind people working for it , and its great that you managed to find two of them. I am also sure that many of the people I spoke to are nice kind people too, but I can only judge by results. Only one of the ten I spoke to were willing or able to help me, and that turned out not to be what was promised. And now I have been ignored twice each by the customer services manager and by the CEO himself. I have no way of knowing if either of them are 'lovely people' or not - they haven't replied to me at all- not a good sign.

NOt sure what you mean by it will all be ok 'if you are upfront'. When sky helps itself to money it is not entitled to 'upfront' through misuse of a direct debit, it can only be matter of ringing after the fact to get redress. So far multiple failures by sky.

When i said "upfront" I meant most companies are happy as long as they are aware of your situation eg when you are struggling (not you personally) as they would rather try to help than lose a customer altogether. I have of course spoken to a multitude of different people during my time with them (not just 2) and have always found them the same way (very helpful) which is why i was really shocked when i read your post as it was hard to believe it was the same company.

However i do completely empathize with what you are going through as i went through absolute hell with Talktalk for a very long time and it still isn't over. (Its in one of my posts my nightmare story with Talktalk)

When you say you were ignored by the CSM and the CEO did you speak to them over the phone? by email or what? If i were you i would put my complaint in writing if you have not already done so headed "Formal Complaint". & For the Attention of (Private & Confidential)