12 Days plus 2

dive1082
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have sent the collection agencies letters requesting a signed copy of my agreements using the template on CAG (Thanks very much :-) )

It states that I have to give the time to receive these as 12 days plus 2. Does anyone know if this is working days or a total of 14 days to include weekends?

Also, does it count towards the time if the collection agencies send me a letter saying they are in discussion with the credit company to get this agreement for me?

Many thanks for all your help again, :-)

It is 12+2 working days for them to respond.

As soon as they fall outside of that time limit then you can dispute the account and withhold payment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Ims,

I sent a request for signed copies of my credit application on the 16th November as I am disputing the debts. The original credit company's have settled the account a couple of years ago. (I was made redundant and the CC company's wouldnt accept the payment option, but reminded me that I should have taken out PPI!)

Anyhow, I am now divorcing my wife and need to look at getting a mortgage. When I checked my file, the accounts are still listed both with the CC company (listed as settled) and now the DCA's have me listed as having accounts with them which are in default. So it looks like I have double the number of accounts that I actually have and all defaulted!

Hi

12 defaults!

You have 3 legitimate defaults - yes?

write to the credit reference agencies and dispute the defaults that do not go with the debt. \they should raise this with the creditor or they may ask you to contact them directly. Only the company that is now chasing can have their name on the CRA file. All others need to be removed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox,

I wrote the CRA's but they have come back and said that the DCA's have stated that the information is correct and that I have to deal directly with them (DCA's).

I had 6 defaults by the CC company's but these show as settled. There are now 6 accounts showing from the DCA's that are the CC accounts that have been sold to the DCA's which are now showing as defaults. This makes a total of 12 accounts that have been defaulted but in reality, there were only ever 6 accounts.

Have you obtained a physical copy of your CR files ?

Could it be that on one date the original creditors have stopped reporting and the DCAs have taken it up from there ?

If you have a copy can you remove any personal data and just let us see the entries ?

PS.. it is usual for the OC to report settled before selling hte accounts on.. so that could be the situation here.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Citizen,

Yes this does seem to be the case, however, it does now look like I have double the amount of accounts that have all defaulted which is not the case.

The DCA'S have all failed to send me the requested copy of my signed credit agreement within the statutory time so I was wondering what my next options are.

Please Carefully check the dates on the entries the DEFAULT DATE should always

remain the same whoever takes over the account, then check that these new entries

are just up dates some times there are delsys in removal of old entries.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi thanks, I'll check the dates. But should I have seperate accounts for the DCA'S and the original Credit company's? This now looks like I have defaulted in 12 accounts.

Also, does anyone know what my next step is after sending the letters for my original agreement?

Ok you need to write to the CRAs copy to the company

placing the entry it does seem this is an error as the entries

should not be shown together, although thos who might be

liable to check your files would know that these are duplications.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi, I've written to the CRA's but they have written back stating that the DCA's and CC company's have stated that the information is correct and I have write to the DCA's etc.

I have done this but have had no response. I have also written asking for the copies of the credit agreements, again, they have not supplied this. The 12 days plus 2 is now past and I was hoping to find out what my next steps would be?

Hi, I've written to the CRA's but they have written back stating that the DCA's and CC company's have stated that the information is correct and I have write to the DCA's etc.

I have done this but have had no response. I have also written asking for the copies of the credit agreements, again, they have not supplied this. The 12 days plus 2 is now past and I was hoping to find out what my next steps would be?

Ok this now becomes a FORMAL COMPLAINT to The CRAs and the Creditors/ DCAs,

These should go to the Compliance Managers/Data Controllers of each company.

Rough draft:

Dear xxxxx

Ref: entry xxxx on my credit file, I have noted that duplicate entries for the following accounts have been placed on my records, this is grossly unfair and purports my credit file to much worse than it infact is.

I want you to forthwith remove all the records that have been now updated leaving only the pertinent

entries on view.

I will be making the OFT and ICO aware of the matter within the next 10 working days.

Try that !!

Brig.