Statement help - DDR??

Chelooeze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im hoping somebody can help.

I bank with barclays and have a credit card with barclaycard. I pay the minimum amount each month on my C/C which is approx £20 on the 14th ish of each month. i checked my statement this morning and it showed £100 DDR First Payment DDR Barclaycard Visa payment on 5th december (today), then straight after it showed the same payment as a credit with UNP next to it.

So this payment was firstly out of the blue as i normally pay £20 on 14th to £100 on 5th...

I am also confused at the fact it said 'first DDR payment' - when i have been paying this credit card off for at least 18 months now.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Edited by slick132
Removed duplicate text

Hi Chelooeze and welcome to CAG

I assume these entries are on your bank a/c statement.

Sounds to me like they made a payment in error, perhaps when setting up a new DD payment for another customer.

As long as the transaction was reversed and they made no charges to the bank a/c, I think you can leave this.

If you're troubled by it, write to Barclays Customer Services and ask them for an explanation.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Slick is more than likely correct. However, you need to query this with Barclays immediately.

DDR = Direct Debit - Money paid out by Direct Debit

UNP = Unpaid

Going by the actual transactions, it looks like the Direct Debit, Debited your account and was then returned unpaid. If an item is returned unpaid, it usually results in a charge.

If you bank online, look at the direct debits set up on your account and see if there is a new one for a creditcard. It could be that it was human error and set up on your account by mistake. It is best to get it resolved as soon as possible rather than further down the line when further possible payments could be made from your account.