Missed flight due to excessive ques

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a flight with Easyjet, arrived at Luton airport 2 hours prior to the flight but due to the greater than 1.5 hour long security que us and many others missed our flights. Easyjet say its not their problem which is understandable as it was an issue with security but the airport are denying we have a valid claim. What are our rights? if we can make a claim then who against and how?

many thanks

I think that providing you have met the stipulations and recommendations of the carrier, then ultimately it is their responsibility to provide carriage. If circumstances beyond their control then cause you to miss the flight, then they are still obligated to provided a free transfer to an alternative flight at the earliest opportunity, and follow up the problem with those who caused the problem. Clearly the blame lies with either the airline or the airport operator, but YOUR agreement is with the airline to provide carriage providing that you have met the conditions attached to that agreement.

Don't let it rest with Easyjet and escalate the matter as far as you need to.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Why didn't you tell one of the staff during the security queue that you were late for your flight? They will usher you to the front of the queue. Also they do several calls for flights when it gets close to boarding to allow people to move to the front.

I find it dubious that it took 1.5 hours, as I've been in some very long queues yet they always seem to move fast- 30 mins maximum to go through them.

I don't think it looks good for your case. Technically you were late for the flight. If you arrived and checked in around 1 hour before your flight, then others checked in after you and managed to board the flight then it does not bode well for you. If that's the case then you were just late for your flight and it is your perojative.

Easyjet has no obligation to refund missed flights AFAIK.

I could be wrong. Maybe someone here more knowledgeable can post.

Been through this over Priority Boarding - in the end we threatened to use the alternative airline, and listed each flight (over 20) we'd taken with them over the past year.

Somehow they managed to make an exception. If you make a complaint, and speak to the Customer Services you might have a similar result.

The only way to get your money back might be through your travel insurance - cause I can't see a way to get it off the airline either.

You have a chance with Easyjet, from my experience - Good job you weren't flying with Ryanair - cos they'll just tell you to Feck Off! Have I spelt that right?:-)

Sorry, should have said, we just made it to the gate. My beef was that we'd paid to be in the Priority and they changed departure gates.

Dragging a tot, and hand luggage et al, we couldn't run as fast as everyone else - so by the time we'd traversed the Airport, they'd practically boarded the plane.

come one, Fly Ryanair! You know it makes sense! :wink: