ESA Problems

bailey49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am hoping someone on here may be able to help me I have been on ESA for just over a year now I initially was awarded 6 points and then put in an appeal to go to tribunal and have been sending in medical certificates ever since and am still waiting for a date for tribunal, (with help from CAB), on Thursday I received a P45 from ESA and did not think too much about it until yesterday when I received a letter from the council housing benefit team stating that they have stopped housing benefit as they received a letter from ESA that my benefit stopped on 19th November, which I am really worried about as I have received no notification from ESA about benefit being stopped or for what reason why I am really panicking about this as I am due payment on Thursday and thought everything was okay as I was still appealling and waiting for tribunal date I am sorry if I am rambling but I dont understand the reason bhind this hoping someone may be able to help many thanks

You need to do 3 things.

1, contact ESA and ask them why your benefit has stopped.

2, fill in a change of circumstances form for the Council (call them ask them what evidence they require) send that in and housing payments will resume.

3, if you get nowhere with 1 contact the CAB and ask for their help.

Until you ask them and find out we can't say what's gone on! The CAB might be able to help with all of it if needed but you may as well give it go asking them 1st then contact them.

Remember the Housing and ESA claims are separate and administered by different people. The stopping of ESA has caused a change in circumstances. with your housing. This causes a suspension of payments until you provide the Council with evidence that you still meet their criteria.