Advantage Finance - HP Car failed after 1yrs - still paying - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

nothing back off advantage as yet

but I've jsut had a phone call from Motorway Direct, informing me that my warranty cover runs out on the 15th of this month!!!!

Told the young girl that the car had already been scrapped since the engine seizing 2years ago her reply "Oh"

i said im surprised Advantage Finance never informed yourselves.

her reply was "who?"

I proceeded to tell her who they were,

she speaks to her manager and both state they have never heard of advantage (despite Advantage being printed on some literature I have).

She also stated that their warrenties are "rolling monthly" ones meaning I can cancel as long as I give 30days notice,

she said (and checked with her manager) that they dont do 3year or 4 year cover!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh time to get reclaiming there then!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this is all in the one agreement with advantage.

where they say that telephone conversations between myself and advantage agreed to the insurance and warranty.

It will be interesting to see what comes back from advantage where I've requested transcripts of the recordings

plus I'd like to see this information regarding the "search" on me that's cost £100.00

of yes those £100 searches are a very big issue

cheeky beggars.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39975[/ATTACH]

I am so angry right now!!!

I've had a letter from Advantage (attached) from S Hartles another Collections Manager.

Despite my SAR request being received by them on the 26/11/2012!

Im at a loss as what to do, they're stating £3k im in arrears (what on a £20 a month agreement?) that I owe £5563.70

but then to end the agreement i can pay £2715.39 which is less than the £3k im in arrears!

What do I do?

I was originally waiting for all the info from the SAR (as I want the transcripts of the telephone calls and their letters stating that they will repay ALL of the charges)

and send it all off to the FOS.

That letter is hilarious! Almost as good as 'valid even if not read by you'!! They do seriously have toddlers pen their silly little letters don't they...

I wouldn't do anything until your SAR comes back, or they issue a summons which you will defend vehemently. What clowns.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i would tthink if you add up the PENALTY charges SOC

and the GAP/MBD SOC

and then removed the unpaid [yet to pay MBD/GAP]

you owe them nothing.

dx

and they

I think this is the Second Default Notice - ooo I forgot Default notice = £50 charge..

Total admin charges (upto 01/10/12) £642 + Compound Interest = £1052.04

Total Insurance charges paid (upto 09/03/2011): 679.98 + stat interest = £784.32

Total Charge for GAP/MBD: £1240.00 + Charge for credit = £2331.36

So that comes to a Total of £4167.72

I've calmed down a bit now - I like how they've said "As this is a Hire Purchase Agreement we will look to recover our vehicle immediately" - It just proves that this is all B****** as they gave me permission to get the car scrapped!!

exactly

i'd wind then up and sent those spreadies....

dx

and they

I like how they've said "As this is a Hire Purchase Agreement we will look to recover our vehicle immediately" - It just proves that this is all B****** as they gave me permission to get the car scrapped!!

It really does prove that all the letters sent out are computer generated and are completely toothless.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40037[/ATTACH]

This morning I received a letter and CD through the post that relates to my SAR request.

I've combined all the files and edited out references and id's.

Now I did insert the line"as you are refering to recordings or transcripts of telephone conversations concerning the sales process whereby i agreed on the phone to GAP/MBI i require your evidence too on these." into my request but as you can see there is nothing in the file.

Also did anyone notice the CAG bit and on page 141 what does the woman call me?

On Page 193, "Jason Bingham" is doing his own searches on me to trace me?? Why when they've done two traces before plus they have been in communication with me regularly. Also on Pg193 "Susan Hartles" comments are "no where to go with this account, no car, not h/o believe to be working but cannot source" also she states "paid 22.50 since april has paid over fcp last dfn" any ideas on what the abbreviations are? plus why does she say im keeping the car in her comment at 09:52:39???

So what action should I take now?

Edited by ads_uk

the sar should have a sheet detailing what the abvs mean.

dx

and they

atts not working

dx

and they

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates. {DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN]

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites [http://docupub.com/pdfconvert/]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

so you got fleeced on:

£19.39 PCM GAP

£29.18 PCM MBI

reg number on page 15

i'm upto p121

damning things

that guy that tells you its scrapped you've paid more than needed

you scrapped it for 0 profit, you dont owe that.

dx

and they

Could you please advise as to what next action should be.

I thought about sending a follow up letter stating that they've failed to provide the list of abbreviations, the transcript regarding telephone agreement of the MBI & GAP, and also the Notice of default i received (including the part about the values there requesting vs what im claiming)

yea why not.

i cetainly wont be going thru the rest of the SAR for a few days yet.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi and Happy New Year.

I've drawn up the letter to Advantage and I would like your comments/changes/additions on this if you could.

I am still in the process of reviewing all information you have provided with in the SAR, though I am having difficulty as there are a lot of abbreviations staff at Advantage have used but yourselves have not provided me with any details as to what the abbreviations mean.

One of the MAIN items I requested with in my SAR was item No 11 “11. As you have referring to recordings or transcripts of telephone conversations concerning the sales process whereby i agreed on the phone to GAP/MBI I also require your evidence too on these.”

I have looked through the SAR response and I cannot locate anything regarding the conversations you have referred to. Can you please explain as to why these are missing?

You have stated the validity of the sale of GAP/MBI by referring to these.

Without the above, the SAR is incomplete. Please can you provide these to me.

However, whilst I await the above there are a couple of points I wish clarity on from the SAR of which I have looked at so far:

1) Contained in the SAR you have included an email:

“From: "Helen Beaton"

To: "Marina Hilling"

Sent: 14 August 2012 14:32

this is a c!xx”

Can you please explain as to what I am being referred to and also the reason behind being referred in this manner? As I feel that this (along with the next point) is a personal attack on myself, by an employee of Advantage.

2) Jason Bingham has provided a comment 11/12/12 stating that he has conducted his own search to help trace OC.

Can you please explain as to why when yourselves have had two traces done before plus I have been in communication with me regularly, including by sending proofs of requests of unemployment, yet you employ the services of a tracing agency to find out if I am working. I can only deem this as a personal attack on myself as I feel you insinuating that I am in fact breaking the law by claiming befits whilst working at the same time, despite the Department of Social Security conducting their own investigations prior to benefits being issued.

3) Susan Hartles comments again on 11/12/12 state "no where to go with this account, no car, not h/o believe to be working but cannot source, had presue Oct’12 unable to confirm job details oc had issues with charges we have offer to remove all charges if arrg in place £25pw no arrgmt in place so far" also she states “Settlement enquiry: Settlement figure = 5563.70 Due 08/01/2013 Type: S charges: 478.50 Arrs ex chg £3218.78 Keeping Car: Yes”

I believe the abbreviation h/o to be home owner but without the abbreviation explanation sheet that is missing I may be incorrect. I have had a variety of offers of removing charges, yet since the very first agreement of myself paying £20 pcm, yourselves still did not remove charges as you had stated. Also at £25pw equals £100pcm, where benefits are approx. £200pcm, that would have been half of my living expenses.

As defined in Section 187 of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 is an Act of Parliament which over-rides charges/penalties being taken or applied to an account if the person is in receipt of any of the following benefits: Income Support, Tax Credits, Child Benefit, Job seekers allowance, Incapacity benefit, Disability living allowance, Attendance Allowance, CSA payments, Other DWP payments.

These social security benefits are granted to stop hardship and are designed to meet *basic day to day needs*, and are exempt and are protected under the Social Security Administration Act 1992 sub section 187. from arrestment in terms of section 187 of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 (see Enforcement of Civil Obligations in Scotland, Scottish Executive report, at paragraph 5.245).

Basic day to day needs as per the DWP: food, water, shelter, sanitation, education, clothing, transportation and healthcare including personal care. Therefore if I had accepted these offers of from yourselves then yourselves would have placed myself in financial hardship.

Also from this entry by Susan Hatles a settlement has been requested? Who was this by as I have not requested anything to do with a settlement, in addition to this I have not stated I wish to keep the car, as you are fully aware that you provided confirmation to scrap your vehicle.

As stated I still have to read through the information you’ve provided under my SAR request.

If you could provide me the missing information as soon as possible it would be appreciated, however if you are unable to provide the information can you please state that you are unable to.

Then I received a Default Notice from yourselves again Susan Hartles on 13/12/2012.

It states that:

Total arrears £3.697.28

Total amount to be paid £5,563.70

To end the agreement early £2,715.39

With that being said, the removal of the MBI / GAP & charges applied, I have paid £2,823.86 against the total amount for the car, of which as per the agreement is more than 50%.

As 50% of the value of the agreement has been paid, the Termination of the agreement is now in effect.

With yourselves providing confirmation in writing to scrap your vehicle, then I believe that under the terms no further

funds are outstanding and the agreement between myself and Advantage to be terminated.

If you could please forward all documentation I originally requested within the SAR and a current upto date statement of account I would be grateful.

Yours Faithfully

NB: All communication to be made in writing

i now return to the issue of your company charging £100 twice for a tracing agent.

there are NO implied rights in the HP laws or rules to charge what you like for PENALTIES on an HP agreement

it is merely your made up figures.

they do not truely represent your admin costs, and until you privide a complete breakdown

from yourselves and the agent, as per the FSA bank charges ruling,

if the need be i shall reclaim them.

IMHO you are trying to fleece me blind.

dx

and they

129 name showing

dx

and they