Robbersway an old EON debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Whilst not looking for any particular advice at the moment which is nice for once :)

I had a lovely letter from Robinson Way today, for a utility debt which is a few pounds... which is also being looked at by E-ON as they messed it up.

I have had many letters from RW, in the beginning I replied to them but when I realised they just kept sending the same letter over and over again I gave up.

No use in flogging a dead horse.

Anyway, I thought I would write them a nice email and see if anyone reads it, it amused me and I thought it might cheer some of you up if your not having a good day. Alternatively some may not find it so funny, not that it matters :)

Dear Sir/Madam, Computer Generated Auto Mailer,

Thank you for sending the letter dated 01/12/2011, it has been received and duly noted.

I appreciate the effort you have gone to, in order to send me this letter and explain what may happen if I do not pay.

I totally agree with the contents of the letter and also believe it is not a good idea to have unpaid debts, some of us though and most unfortunately do get into debt, debt is not a crime you know:)

However, and on a more serious note it would appear there is an element of misunderstanding between yourselves and your client regarding the most important part of your correspondence,

I have a letter sitting here from E-ON, and ironically enough it is also a 'Formal Demand' with a completely different amount owed on it, 'oops! one tends to think' in fact a much lower amount than you specify.

One has to wonder how this mistake has occurred? Given that the two letters refer to the same account.

Rather than tell you what E-ON believe to be owed, I thought I would give you the opportunity to go back to your client and find out what is actually owed, instead of some fictitious amount.

Finally and just for the sake of it, I would like to add that I did not enter into a contract with your client and that all bills during our time ( you could argue relationship ) together all bills were in fact paid.

I would appreciate any paperwork being made available if either you or your client believe otherwise. I feel there is no need to start dishing out SAR's or any other time wasting correspondence.

Please get back to me in a time frame that suits yourselves, I am happy to wait for this matter to be resolved properly.

Kind Regards

STEVO7790

( I thought I would use upper case letters as your entire letter is written in this manner. To many computer savvy users, this would be considered shouting and not very appropriate. I DON'T LIKE BEING SHOUTED AT PERSONALLY.)

Would be very interested to know how they respond :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Couldn't you use some jazzy Xmas style font, and have a holly border around the paper to match!

Sounds like the letter I once did to them in the same vein as theirs, headings identical and appropriate wording used as well, part of it ran

What can we do to help resolve this issue

What language would you like "I do not acknowledge any alleged debt" written in to help you understand the reply....

I think I still have the original of my letter, might post it up on here for people to have a laugh - it did get results though and I ended up talking to the infamous Hayley Felton (wonder if she ever did come back from maternity leave?) and told her I got more sense from my puppets!

Said alleged debt had been to court and thrown out as it wasn't even MY debt in the first place!

Perhaps mention to RW that you will be delighted to report them to OFT for excessive harassment if they fail to sod off. And that you will be seeking compensation ...They kindly gave me a wad of the same a few months back after being a little troublesome...lol

Well guys you do have to laugh at Robinson Way in how they do things. They have to be the biggest Idiots of them all. In march of this yr we had a letter from them with regards to my partners old next account which she is sure she paid but may of bin a late payment and next themselves are not sure as the account is now closed as it is prob 5yrs old.

So in march i sent out the usal cca letter asking for the usal credit aggreement and got the usal reply saying that with this type of account that there is not credit aggreement even though you have items on a credit account and have 30 days to pay. Well the the 14days was up and no signed credit agreement,so i sent out the 2nd letter say that they had no complied with my cca request and that they are fibbers, so i was supprised yesterday to have a letter land on the mat from Robinson way with inside a photo copy of a next credit agreement and guess what, there's no name or address and no signiture. They say that this is the signed credit agreement that i requested. How can that be when there is no signiture.

Has anyone else had this with regards to Robinson way. Its a 1st for as others just give up. How can they say that this is a signed agreement and this has be baffeled in how im going to respond to them. Any tips guys.

cheers happyphil:lol:

• dx100uk changed the title to Robbersway an old EON debt