Example of a completed N1 claim form needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there anywhere I can see an example of a completed N1 claim form?

I need this as a guide as everything tried to get a rental deposit returned has failed.

On my last communication I gave then 10 working days to return it but they won't is my guess, so I will now need to send a letter of intended action with a copy of a N1 claim form and 14 days warning before I actually file a claim.

Your help appreciated.

What exactly did you say in your earlier letter ? There may not be a need to send any further warnings.. if they dont cough up what you asked for.. then just issue the N1. If you want to give us more details then we can advise further on how to complete .. they are quite simple :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Many thanks for your reply.

I was going on advice from a template of a NOTICE BEFORE ACTION by Shelter. Copied and pased their suggested template below:-

Town/city

Postcode>

Dear ,

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Further to my letter dated please find enclosed a copy of court form N1. This relates to my repeated requests that you return the deposit that I paid for the accommodation at .

This form will be submitted to the county court at fourteen days from the date of this letter unless I receive a cheque for before then.

Yours faithfully

Contact number:

As you can see, it mentions enclosing a copy of Form N1.

At present I have been dealing with the landlord's letting agent who just delay sending any requested information and are trying to withold the entire deposit, presumably so they can run me out of time (i.e 6 months) as far as their ADR service is concerned. For example no exit inventory has ever been received, only photographs and they were only supplied 4 months after the tenancy ended after a number of requests for detailed information on why they were witholding all of the deposit.

The 6 months time issue doesn't concern me as far as the ADR service, as I have no intention of using the proposed ADR service and will take action via the court system.

So the template letter from Shelter mentions enclosing a NI, but not a good idea?

I think you'll find that sending a "dummy" N1 is frowned upon by the courts.

If its got to that stage then I would send a Letter Before Action and if no response just issue in court.

HOWEVER....would you like to give details of the history of this matter?

ims

Edited by FRED_BLOGGS

I have been dealing with this matter via a letting agent and have had a number of communications with them. I have given them 10 working days to resolve the issue. They won't of course.

However I am now going to stop being messed about on their terms and timeframe , and they can now start adhering to my timeframes.

As I have been dealing with a letting agent. I think I have to give the landlord notice and 14 days to respond?

What exactly did you say in your earlier letter ? There may not be a need to send any further warnings.. if they dont cough up what you asked for.. then just issue the N1. If you want to give us more details then we can advise further on how to complete .. they are quite simple :)

So the template letter from Shelter mentions enclosing a NI, but not a good idea?

Hi

IMHO no.....I suppose my concern would be that the court could see it as an attempt to use official documents as an an attempt just to put the frightners on.

As CB says, if they are not responding or paying up what you want then use the process properly and issue.

ims

I have been to court a number of times on commericial issues (as the defendant though) but not for a number of years. Some of the "Notices before Action" I received I think (as I say, it isn't for a few years so my memory is a bit hazy on that) did have a copy of the N1 form enclosed detailing their claim. Is my memory wrong on that?

Hi

IMHO no.....I suppose my concern would be that the court could see it as an attempt to use official documents as an an attempt just to put the frightners on.

As CB says, if they are not responding or paying up what you want then use the process properly and issue.

ims

I have been to court a number of times on commericial issues (as the defendant though) but not for a number of years. Some of the "Notices before Action" I received I think (as I say, it isn't for a few years so my memory is a bit hazy on that) did have a copy of the N1 form enclosed detailing their claim. Is my memory wrong on that?

I would never doubt your memory! :smile:

As with anything it is your call.....personally I just don't feel comfortable with that procedure. Others may disagree.

ims

I would never doubt your memory! :smile:
I would as it is shocking. I was going to the Doctor's to seek treatment for my bad memory, but I have forgotten where the Doctor's is.

Am I correct though in having to advise the landlord now as he is the one I am going to take to court?

Basically I am going to take the letting agent out of the loop now and have been dealing with them partly to compile evidence of wilful delays, obsfuscation, and downright lies (I have sufficent evidence now to prove all of this plus I will have ample time to compile rufudiation of their evidence before a court date, instead of just the 7 days on evidence discovery rules).

I do however think it's fair to give the landlord an opportunity to get on the 'phone to his letting agent and ask "WTF is happening?".

I would as it is shocking. I was going to the Doctor's to seek treatment for my bad memeory, but I have forgotten where the Doctor's is.

:lol:

OK, what I would do is give one final chance to resolve the issue.

Write to whoever, set out your grievance and what you want.

Head it "Letter Before Action".

It seems that correspondence has been protracted already so I would have though that 7 or 14 days notice would be appropriate.

So your final paragraph should be along the lines that "Take notice that if this matter is not resolved with x days I shall be issuing proceedings through the County Court without further recourse to yourselves"

But of course only threaten court action if you intend to go through with it.

ims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks