Quick 6 Year Query

tasadin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it 6 years from the date you serve the court papers or from initial calim. Personally I am starting my claim from Feb 00 running until sep 95 when I closed my account. Can I use these dates or do I need to go from Sep 00 as that would be 6 years back from now. Cheers peeps :confused:

Thanks for that got a bit confused there as I have just got an agreement out of MBNA for six years. Thanks for keeping me straight!! But one other but ... I live in scotland now but the accounts were opened and held in england as thats where I was living when the charges started occuring so albeit I now live up here and was when the latter charges occured can I still go back 6 years??

Thanks again for the reply Bookworm, going to go with an N1 I think, based on a a couple of other threads on here. As the accounts were opened in england, albeit we now live in Scotland and that LLoyds TSB main head office is in England, I know they have a big office in Scotland too but the basis of the accounts in England I hope will swing it. Thanks for your help tho!!

Just thought i would let you know that i recently wrote to royal bank of scotland re a business account that had been closed since february 2001. However I chanced my luck and asked for charges to be refunded from August 2000 until the account was closed in feb 2001 (ie 6 years ago). Got reply two weeks later offering me approx 60% which i replied that if we met half way (ie approx 80%) i would accept their offer just to get quick settlement. That was last week so am just waiting for their reply now.

My difficulty witrh MNBA is that the Credit Card was cancelled in 2000 and the dispute rumbled on. I had moved to Ireland (through work) but they took me to court in Scotland, and the first time I knew of the pending action was AFTER the Return Date,. I went to a solicitor who advised I could seek a 'Reponing Note' but the costs for this were horrific, so effectively they won - ther there wasn't much I could do.

Now that they and companies like them are on the back-foot so to speak, I want my pound of flesh, and have sent them a SAR. There IS the possibility that they'll attempt to use the dates to time-bar my efforts, however since I've been the subject of court action and been forced to pay what is effectively a coerced payment of illegal charges, that is still within the time-period, so I may have to use this tack. Anyone in a similar situation or come across this before?