Eurocarparks "parking charge notice"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are usually companies who work on private land, there is nothing illegal about sticking an invoice on someones car window and asking for money, you could do it yourself if you want. They can pass it on to as many people as they want it will not make it valid

I wrote to both Wokingham Council and my MP Mr Phillip Lee to complain about my treatment and to ask why such disreputable companies could get these lucrative countracts. Both contacted Euro Car Parks and they waived the fine, but warned me in no uncertain terms if I did it again I would get the full charge! Thanks to you all for your support.

I wrote to both Wokingham Council and my MP Mr Phillip Lee to complain about my treatment and to ask why such disreputable companies could get these lucrative countracts. Both contacted Euro Car Parks and they waived the fine, but warned me in no uncertain terms if I did it again I would get the full charge! Thanks to you all for your support.

Did they actually use the word "fine" in the correspondence?

• 1 month later...

Hi Again ....

This problem will not go away..

over the last few weeks i've received a couple of demands for payment for this PCN.

I have ignored them but kept the letters.

The other day however, I received a payment demand for £150.00 from a debt collection agency.

They are threatening county court action if the bill is not paid within 7 days.

Do I ignore this also???

Help....Please!

Hello there.

If you read around the forum a bit more, you'll find that dca's have no powers at all. They will talk about county court action, but it's incredibly rare. And when they do go, the often lose. Does it say they will or may go to court please?

No doubt the guys will be along with a pep talk for you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Honeybee13...

The demand states that if they do not recieve full payment or I do not contact them with payment proposal, that the matter may be passed to their solictor to commence county court proceedings.

I'm finding all this a real pain in the A :(

Obvciously I dfont want to get myself into any bother!

Any advice would be appreciated....

Thanks again... Mike.

Yes, they may pass it on. We see this all the time. They're trying to get you to contact them, which is not in your interests.

We should have told you already that there is a letter trail from these people, up to 6 or so, but if you don't want to spend your money with these people, you need to stand firm.

Remind yourself that if it doesn't say Penalty Charge Notice and isn't from the council or the police, it has no power.

I hope the guys will be along to confirm that they agree. Don't worry.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Mike, Ignore it all and tell them where to stick it if they ring but they will probably only write from various different people.

Just the next desk in reality!

It no different as me sending you an invoice for £1000000 because I dont like the colour of your socks.

I could send you all the court threatening letters I liked. I could pass it on too!

Would you send me the cheque? NO

carry on with life and ignore, Do that and you have won, pay and you lose,its your hard earned cash.

Andy(Had one too from NCP & all the letters)

What a bunch of clowns, they couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery, you don't need to fear these idiots, you need to start laughing at them, they really are as much use as indicators on a submarine, seriously, a nudge in the direction of your local MP wouldn't go amiss either, just to make them aware that those who choose to govern us are allowing extortion rackets to continue under some guise of it being legal.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello again...

The saga continues..

Today I received a second similar demand for payment from the debt recovery agents.

They are still saying that their solicitor "may" issue county court proceedings against me and that they shall seek to recover :-

The principle sum £150.00

court fee to issue £30.00

interest at the county court rate 8%

court costs

£50.00 solicitors costs on claim

£22.00 solicitors costs on entry of judgement.

Am I still right to just ignore these demands???

pep talk required I think....

Any advice gratefully received...Mike.

Am I still right to just ignore these demands???

Absolutely, their letter is designed to make people who become nervous at the mere mention of court, debt coleectors, bailiffs etc, pay up. That is the sole aim and purpose. Their business model does not include taking people to court, it's far too time consuming. They can spend their time far more efficiently intimidating others to meekly pay up.

When, if ever, have you ever heard of or read of someone being taken to court for non payment on speculative invoices?

It can't be any clearer than that!

Your safe, ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back mfrom holiday and I have received a "reduced payment offer" from these clowns!

Even I'm finding this laughable now.....

I'll be ignoring this letter too!

:-)

Ha ha. If they had a solid case against you they'd have taken you to court by now, instead of implementing a Dutch Auction on the charges!! Shows exactly how serious they are!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest installment....

My case has been passed to an alternative debt collection agency who "intend to collect this debt and pursue it to a legal conclusion if neccessary"

They are also now are prepared to reduce the settlement figure fron £120.00 to £75.00.

This is ludicrous!!! just one more letter to ignore I expect!