Eurocarparks "parking charge notice"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone...

01/12/11

Can anyone help with my dillema???

I would like to know my legal position and what action I should now take regarding the following problem.

I recently received a PCN issued by Eurocarparks for parking on a retail carpark after the shops closed.

I had arrived at the retail park in Manchester at approx 19.30 when the shops were still open to do some shopping.

Whilst there I bumped into a friend and we went for a drink.

When I returned to my car at approx 22.00, I had been given a PCN for "after opening hours parking".

There are apparently signs there which state that there should be no parking between 20.00 and 08.00, but it was dark when I arrived and diddnt see the signs. They are not illuminated to my knowledge. I expect I drove straight past them, oblivious to their existance. The carpark is on private land.

I have, stupidly I expect, appealed against this PCN, but today received a rejection of my appeal and Eurocarparks are now demanding payment of £70.00 within the next 14 days or the fine will increase to £90.00.

Should I ignore this demand??? I dont want to get into any bother but equally, I can ill aford to pay the fine.

Eurocarparks obviously know my address details and also that I was the driver of the vehicle on the night of the "offence".

Any advice given would be gratefully accepted...

Many thanks...........Mike.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless this parking ticket was issued by the Police or the Council, then it is nothing more than a speculative invoice and you don't need to pay anything.

Private parking companies cannot issue fines or parking tickets they will never take anyone to court as they will be made a laughing stock.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Keep the empty threat letters though, for future reference and to help others in similar circumstances.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It was a "ticket" from Euro that brought me to this site back in 2008, July/August, I think.

I'd managed to contact them, on behalf of a disabled friend, before I got here.

The advice was "Ignore them, and they'll go away"

So I did - and they did!

There were a few more letters, I think that Euro even stamped their feet, whilst printing some of 'em off, and there was even a letter from a "Debt Collector" [Yeh? big deal]

There have been several since, from other firms, for other occasions when I've transgressed their little rules, the latest from "Parking Eye"; they are being ignored too.

How many times in Court? None! None! None! It ain't going to happen!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Because there is sometimes a trailer on the back of the van, and if you were standing, and watching the van pass by, or sitting in a vehicle behind the trailer, or if you were a speed camera, you would be able to read the rear number plate.

But if you are a Parking Eye camera, and some idiot has clamped you to a pole, some 20 odd feet above the ground, you couldn't see the plate beneath the items overhanging the rear of the trailer.

It's all legal, the vehicle has been stopped for a "Routine Check, Sir", and no adverse comments have been received.

It's not my responsibility to ensure that "PE's" camera can see my plate.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I am being charged £60 because by mistake I left my car park ticket upside down. I was back in the car park well before the ticket ran out. I asked the attendant why he was giving me the ticket, he explained and said I should complain to Euro Car Parks. I did and they told me 14days to pay or the fine goes up to £80. What if I don't pay?????

I wouldn't mind going to court about this, I feel I am being robbed.

Do I have a leg to stand on?

best to anyone who can help

Y

I am being charged £60 because by mistake I left my car park ticket upside down. I was back in the car park well before the ticket ran out. I asked the attendant why he was giving me the ticket, he explained and said I should complain to Euro Car Parks. I did and they told me 14days to pay or the fine goes up to £80. What if I don't pay?????

I wouldn't mind going to court about this, I feel I am being robbed.

Do I have a leg to stand on?

best to anyone who can help

Y

They're really clutching at straws now, aren't they? Ticket upside down, whatever next!!

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Ticket upside down, attendant had neck brace on and couldn't manoeuvre to read ticket, your fault!!! Pay £1 million or else:lol:

Bejeezus! Really???

Next thing you know they'll be saying they couldn't read your ticket because there was too much rain on the windscreen or there was too much frost.....!

I understand I am in for some threatening letters and I will try not to break. I have heard of companies selling on their debt to debt collectors, which is what I suppose Euro Car Parks means when it writes that my details may be passed on 'to a Third Party .. for the collection of ..fees'. Is this a real threat? If yes, what I do about it. Sorry to be so wimpy.

I wonder why Councils don't check out these companies first before giving them contracts?

Hello there. Yes, there will be a series of 'threatograms' that sound ever more desperate. The debt collectors are normally guys in the same office and part of the same firm and I don't think anyone here has ever had to pay.

You may well start to waiver, especially if you start getting DCA letters. Just come back to us for a pep talk. Some people need more support than others, but seem to go away happy in the end. Don't worry about getting in touch if you need to :).

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I understand I am in for some threatening letters and I will try not to break. I have heard of companies selling on their debt to debt collectors, which is what I suppose Euro Car Parks means when it writes that my details may be passed on 'to a Third Party .. for the collection of ..fees'. Is this a real threat? If yes, what I do about it. Sorry to be so wimpy.

I wonder why Councils don't check out these companies first before giving them contracts?

These are usually companies who work on private land, there is nothing illegal about sticking an invoice on someones car window and asking for money, you could do it yourself if you want. They can pass it on to as many people as they want it will not make it valid

I did read about another man on a different site who was taken to court by Parking Eye - he had to pay.....

But mostly they don't bother, you're right

Parking eye claim they took someone to court in London and won 4 parking charge notices and expenses of £2500. It has not been confirmed and the supposed person has not mentioned it on their twitter account or their blog.

Parking eye again took someone to court last week for £240 in charges and costs of £4000. The Judge refused the £240 for two tickets and awarded them 2 X £5 for the parking charges and 2 X £2.50 for 2 DVLA requests. So £15 claim and £95 costs. The Judge told Pannone solicitors and Parking eye to swivel for their costs!

Parking eye claim they took someone to court in London and won 4 parking charge notices and expenses of £2500. It has not been confirmed and the supposed person has not mentioned it on their twitter account or their blog.

Parking eye again took someone to court last week for £240 in charges and costs of £4000. The Judge refused the £240 for two tickets and awarded them 2 X £5 for the parking charges and 2 X £2.50 for 2 DVLA requests. So £15 claim and £95 costs. The Judge told Pannone solicitors and Parking eye to swivel for their costs!

At least the judiciary are looking after our interests if the legislators aren't.....