Homecare, what getting?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boiler is an old type with big tank etc but in good condition. I am looking to join one of the Homecare services that I will be paying around £20 monthly with the mind that if my boiler breaks down etc, the energy company will replace it with the new ones that give instant hot water for free.

Has anyone had similar experience in the past or has an idea of how the programs work?

Thanks

sorry, but apart from not trusting British Gas, I don't trust insurances – and anything which says that it is going to replace some old dog of a boiler with a brand-new modern one almost free of charge, makes me very sceptical straightaway.

If I were you I would begin by looking very carefully at the small print. Also don't do anything on the telephone unless you record the calls. If you do then you will have egg on your face

BankFodder is right - read the small print. There are agreements out there which will replace your boiler, but under certain strict conditions.

For example. British Gas will only replace your boiler if they cant repair it if the boiler itself is under 7 years old, or 10 years old if BG originally fitted it.

If you have quite an old boiler, you likely won't get this type of cover from anyone, or at least from anyone who would actually deliver on the new boiler promise when it was needed.

Mr H