I'm waiting for a credit, but my friend is owed over £8K

manny-rugby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I've started the process. Added up my charges for being over my overdraft over the past 6 years (only on 10 occasions) and it came to £612, which isn't that much I guess, but it will pay off most of my current overdraft!!! Overdraft interest was £223, some of which I wouldn't have got if they'd not stuck the chrges on, but I'm not holding my breath for any of that back. I was in credit for 3 of the 6 years by the way, sometimes over a thousand and I totted up the interest I got added. Do you know how much it was? 95p!!! That's disgusting. I might as well keep my money under my mattress!!! No, I do have another current account for that which i do get interest on.

Secondly, I'm trying to get my friend to get her charges back for overdrafts, bounced cheques and refused DD's etc. In just Oct and Sept last year she was charged over £1000, again because they slapped charges on which took the money out to leave her overdrawn and all the cheques she'd written then bounced. You know the cycle! Anyway, she reckons over 6 years they must have had charges of well over £8K. The forum has advised not to claim more than £5K to avoid court fees. Do you think she could get all the money back by doing the whole process twice claiming for the first 3 years then the next 3 for £4K each time.

We want our money back!..........on a mission!!!

If you don't laugh you cry!!!!

Hi

Welcome to the forum, the more people we have on board the more strength we have to fight these unlawful charges.

All the best with your claims. Please keep us informed of your progress, and remember that we are all in this together. If you meet any problems, or have questions that are not answered elsewhere (and most have been), please post them to the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a letter back from

Phil Beaumont

Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre,

Milshaw Park Lane,

Leeds

Ls11 Opp

Should i send my next letter just to him or to sheffield and my branch?

Where is the template for this letter? I can't find it. Pls help.

Should i send my next letter just to him or to sheffield and my branch?

Could do it to either. I send my DPA to my local branch and my claim to my local branch and got a reply from Mr Alan Pretty, so replied to him.

Where is the template for this letter? I can't find it. Pls help.

All the lettrs are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Neil.

Sent my LBA out on monday only to find i had a letter waiting for me when i got home!

They are offering me a random £475. I want to take it but also want the rest. Might write a letter saying put the money into my account and i'll be expecting the rest later and they'd better give it to me or i'll take them to court. Should i give them 14 days anyway from the final LBA date???

Would a phonecall be any good in the time inbetween?

It's almost like they're admitting they're in the wrong because they wouldn'toffer you anything otherwise!

• 1 month later...

Well, I received ANOTHER offer of £550 after I'd written the last letter. I worked out that the interest added would be £108. So I decided to ring and say that why didn't they just offer me the whole amount, which would only be another £62, but it would cost them £108 to go to court plus the costs so it wpould be better off all round. I told them they were wasting my time and theirs so let's just sort it! They had someone from the special team that's been set up ring me just now and he's offered me the full amount! £612....this will nearly clear my overdraft now.

I know you said not to ring but all you have to do is not give in! He didn't quibble at all this morning just asked if i'd be happy with the full amount....YES!!!!

Now i'm going to start with my in'laws accounts. They're owed tons more than me. It will be v satisfying!!!

Thanks for all your help so far. Will start another thread on progress of in-laws at HSBC and Nationwide.

xxx

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks