CCJ name error

plumberjon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been fighting for a long time now with GE Money.

They have been sitting doing absolutely nothing other than spewing out computer generated statements for over four years on a loan that was secured on my old marital home that I was divorced out of in November 2007. I have no assets. I live in rented accommodation.

No debt help whatsoever was offered, no efforts were taken to repossess the house. My ex wife remortgaged and now owns the house and negotiated through her solicitor for the security to be removed.

Recently, they started to chase me for the remainder of their charges and interest, but now they no longer have the security of the old house, a bit daft on GE Moneys part if you ask me!

A few months ago, my father was diagnosed terminally ill with cancer and he died on 6th November. He lived 70 miles away from my home so I spent the majority of the last few months away from home. In that time, GE Money, using a 3rd party solicitor, filed proceedings at county court. As I wasn't at home much, I missed the deadline to get my defense in on time. Despite many attempts to telephone my local court for advice, the number was never answered or constantly engaged, but I did submit a defense albeit a few days late.

Now a judgement has arrived saying I didn't defend. However, the main thing is, they have also got my name totally wrong on the judgement. They have mis-spelt my first name and got a totally different middle name.

For example: if my real name were, Jonathan Fred Smith (hypothetically), then the judgement says, Johnathon Albert Smith.

Does this have any bearing on the legality of the judgement, even if it only gives me grounds to have it set aside and then appeal for a variation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

No. A slightly wrong name is of little relevance. You admit you got the claim and you responded.

But your tragic personal circumstances do have a bearing.

Can you explain more about the time you got the claim, the defence you offered, and what was happening. Do you think you had a genuine and valid defence? If so, what was it?

Hope we can help.