Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3286 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

My Sister is in arrears with Welcome Finance.

she has provided them with a breakdown of her finances and made an agreement to pay via CAB.

They are however still phoning her and trying to raise the amount she is paying.

and repeatedly ask her for copies of her recent Bank statements.

I have advised her to make a claim for PPI as they told her it was a condition of taking the loan.

I also believe they are charging her excessive fees for phone calls.letters etc


Is she legally obliged to provide copies of her Bank Statements or other personal documents?

How does she make a claim for excessive charges?


thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, no your sister doesn't have to send copies of her bank statements to Welcome. You say the your sister is getting help from the CAB, can she not go back to them and ask them to write to Welcome asking them to back off?

You can send them the telephone harassment letter which is found it the library. If they do keep ring tell your sister to not answer the security questions and ask for everything in writing.

Yes Welcome will be probably charging for letters and telephone calls, she can apply for a SAR to find out how much and claim these unfair charges back.

Can you give us a little more information like if your sister is working etc. Welcome were well know for only allowing loans with PPI including so that could be a route to take.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Send welcome the letter that can be found on the following link to stop the telphone calls.




They are also putting pressure n her to pay more than she can afford - she should report this matter to the OFT.


She does not have to send welcome any of her income and expense info - only a court can make an order for this info to be provided.


Take JJ's advice and make a Subject Access Request.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...